[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] TeX files

gershon@CS.UTAH.EDU (Gershon Elber) (11/15/90)

jrwsnsr@nmt.edu writes:
> This brings me to a couple of questions...like where CAN I get more
> fonts for DVIEW?  The FTP site suggested in the -READ.ME file on
> SIMTEL doesn't seem to have the directories specified in that file.

The Best, by far to my opinion and others in comp.text.tex, tex/latex
implementation for the IBM PC today is emTex available from

terminator.cc.umich.edu 141.211.164.8

directory

msdos/text-mgmt/TeX/emtex

The package contain Tex, LaTex and includes Big implementation. The
implementation is the most complete I have seen. Included are TeXCad,
MetaFonts, font format conversion routines etc..
Drivers for several printers are also included (no PostScript though)
and Viewers for EGA/VGA (The best I have seen) and Hercules.
Fonts are also available in the same place in the directory

msdos/text-mgmt/TeX/fonts

> Also, where can I get a DVI printer that works with an IBM ProPrinter?
> DVIEPS doesn't.

Nelson Beebe (beebe@science.utah.edu) maintains set of dvi drivers to almost
any available printer. They can be ftped from

science.utah.edu

directory

pub/tex/dvi

You may want to contact him for specific printer before ftp'ing the whole
huge package.

All ftp sites mentioned above uses 'anonymous' as login name.

Hope this helps

Gershon