[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Background email xfer for PC

atman@cscihp.ecst.csuchico.edu (Homeless hacker) (11/16/90)

I desperately need a copy of a program called "BackMail" that was posted
to c.b.i.p. a few months ago.  Please, if anyone has it, email it to me,
to tell me where I can FTP it.

Many, many thanx in advance...

Shaun.

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/16/90)

In article <1990Nov16.030923.6115@ecst.csuchico.edu> atman@cscihp.ecst.csuchico.edu (Homeless hacker) writes:
>I desperately need a copy of a program called "BackMail" that was posted
>to c.b.i.p. a few months ago.  Please, if anyone has it, email it to me,
>to tell me where I can FTP it.

From uwasa.fi INDEX:

comm :
--------
backmail.txt    Description of backmail utility pgm
bkmail11.zip    Background email & file xfer pgm v1.1

 Q: Someone email me a .zip extractor (or something equally common)

 A: This is not a flame but a friendly piece of advice for you, and
others occasionally posting similar wishes concerning easily
available shareware and PD programs.
   You already know which program you want.  Better still than
making an offhand request that may end up with several kind netters
duplicating each others' efforts for your benefit by rushing to
email the material to you, how about doing the work yourself and
getting it from an ftp site, or a BBS near you.  The program you
want is not difficult to locate.  That's what the well-known file
lists are for.
   Note that I am NOT saying that one shouldn't ever ask questions
about the availability of programs, only that we have tried to make
it easy for you to locate common programs from uwasa.fi (or
Simtel20) all by yourself.

A2: How to find files on chyde.uwasa.fi: If you are looking for a
particular program at chyde.uwasa.fi you should always start by
getting the following files:
   /pc/INDEX
   /pc/pd2/0dir-pd2
   /pc/ts/0dir-ts
   /pc/ts/tsarc100.txt (or whatever version number is latest)
And for seeing what is new in the /pc/pd2 and /pc/ts directories,
get
   /pc/pd2/0news-pd2
   /pc/ts/0news-ts

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)