[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Load config.sys drivers as TSRs ???

motti@ocsmd.ocs.com (Motti Bazar) (11/12/90)

Hi there,

I am wondering if anybody knows about a way or even have some code
to show how to load a config.sys type driver as a TSR ???
It will allow me to load and unload drivers as I need them instead
of editing config.sys and booting each time.

Regards ... Motti

erick@sunee.waterloo.edu (Erick Engelke) (11/17/90)

In article <1104@ocsmd.ocs.com> motti@ocsmd.ocs.com (Motti Bazar) writes:
>I am wondering if anybody knows about a way or even have some code
>to show how to load a config.sys type driver as a TSR ???
>It will allow me to load and unload drivers as I need them instead
>of editing config.sys and booting each time.

Yes, I wrote a program which lets you load most character devices as
TSRs.  It adds about 4 k to the size of the driver and I haven't tested
it under DOS 4 yet.  I'll mail you a copy.  If there is more interest(???)
I'll submit it to one of the FTP sites.

Erick Engelke
System Manager
University of Waterloo