[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] TSR's

rac5372@isc.rit.edu (R.A. Cardillo ) (11/16/90)

 I'd like to find out how to make a screen saver memory resident using
turbo pascal and turbo c.  Therefore I need to make both a memory
resident delay program ( for screen saver ) and one that comes in by a
hot-key... any suggestions?

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle) (11/20/90)

In article <1990Nov16.000834.17994@isc.rit.edu> rac5372@isc.rit.edu (R.A. Cardillo ) writes:

> I'd like to find out how to make a screen saver memory resident using
>turbo pascal and turbo c.  Therefore I need to make both a memory
>resident delay program ( for screen saver ) and one that comes in by a
>hot-key... any suggestions?

GOSPEED.ZIP  PD1:<MSDOS.ASMUTL>   Sample code to detect if TSR is already loaded
NEWTSR1.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.ASMUTL>   TSR function for assembly language programmers
TSRDEMO.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.ASMUTL>   Sample demo on a safe approach to TSRs (w/ASM)
TSRDEMO2.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.ASMUTL>   Sample demo on a safe approach to TSRs (w/ASM)
DLC-TSR.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.C>        TSR interface for Datalight C
PCPILOT.ZIP  PD1:<MSDOS.C>        C programmer's TSR utility, with source
TSR-ASM.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.C>        C-callable assembler routines to go TSR
TSRC.ARC     PD1:<MSDOS.C>        TSRs in C, source code from Computer Language
MENUMOUS.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.MOUSE>    Map mouse to arrow keys, TSR, w/ASM source
CTRLALT.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>   Programmer's TSR sidekick w/asm source
MEMRES41.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>   Load/release TSRs - with ASM source
TESS-5.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>   TesSeRact TSR package for Turbo Pascal 5.0
TESS-A.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>   TesSeRact TSR package for Assembler (MASM)
TESS-C.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>   TesSeRact TSR package for TC 1.5 or MSC 5.x
TESS-D.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>   Documentation for TesSeRact TSR package
TSRSRC29.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>   Sources for TSRCOM29 pgms. need TPAS5 & TASM
TSRWRK32.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>   Mark/Release TSR management pgms, with ASM src
RESLB201.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.TURBO-C>  Function library for Turbo-C to make TSRs
TCRES201.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.TURBO-C>  TSR functions for Turbo C - very good
STAY42.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> How to write a TSR program in Turbo Pascal
STAYRES.PAS  PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> Go TSR in Turbo Pas 3.0
TP-TSR.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> Sample TSR pgm in TurboPas 4/5, with src/exe
TPPOP16.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> TPUs and ASM for popup and TSR programs
VOL7N06.ARC  PD2:<MSDOS2.PCMAG>   PC Mag: Progrmrs TSR Calc, Program/misc files

These are all available at simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the directory
listed above (PD1:<MSDOS.xxxxx> )  or at wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4)
in mirrors/msdos/xxxxx.

There are several mail servers that will process the ftp commands for those who
have access to e-mail, but not FTP.  Addresses are:

In North America:

          LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU   North Dakota State University.
          LISTSERV@VM.ECS.RPI.EDU  Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    GET PDGET HELP PCSERV-L

Also:
          BITFTP@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU

   In the body of the mail have the command:
   HELP

In Europe use:

          TRICKLE@TREARN    ("Turgut Kalfaoglu"   <TURGUT@TREARN>)
          TRICKLE@IMIPOLI   ("Marco Gandolfi"     <MARCO@IMIPOLI>)
          TRICKLE@BANUFS11  ("Michel Daulie"      <DAULIE@BANUFS11>)
          TRICKLE@AWIWUW11  ("Gustaf Neumann"     <NEUMANN@AWIWUW11>)
          TRICKLE@DB0FUB11  ("Wolfram Fassbender" <EARNIE@DB0FUB11>)
          TRICKLE@EB0UB011  ("Oriol Robert"       <ZCCBORR@EB0UB011>)
(note:  these are EARN/BITNET style addresses.  If anyone has Internet
        style addresses, please let me know.  TRICKLE@TREAN.BITNET might
        work, but not sure).

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    /HELP

If anyone knows of any other mirrored archives of Simtel20, please let me
know and I'll add them to this generic response.

Thanks.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid
                    mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr (unix mail-YEACH!)| command 'HELP'

dheid@blake.u.washington.edu (David Heid) (11/20/90)

 I'm looking for a FTP site with a GOOD copy of wanderer, I got one from tau.sm.luth.se and it's hosed.

r3jjs@VAX1.CC.UAKRON.EDU (Jeremy J Starcher) (11/20/90)

In article <1990Nov16.000834.17994@isc.rit.edu> rac5372@isc.rit.edu (R.A. Cardillo ) writes:

> I'd like to find out how to make a screen saver memory resident using
>turbo pascal and turbo c.  Therefore I need to make both a memory
>resident delay program ( for screen saver ) and one that comes in by a
>hot-key... any suggestions?

Use caution.  Myself, unless it is something major, I will not use a
TSR written in a high level language.  For Turbo Pascal (at least the
last time I used the free-kick source), the program took 64K.

Using assembly, that size can be reduced greatly.  I have a programmer's
calculator with all the bit stuff, four bases, etc that takes 3K.  The same
program written in C took 40K.  (Sorry, I don't have source :))

On these IBMs memory is such prime estate, I am very picky about how I
use mine.

--
Jeremy J Starcher         !  No programmer programs in LOGO after reaching