[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Need a printer output grabber

mb@cs.Princeton.EDU (Matthias Blumrich (GS)) (11/21/90)

I used to have a utility which spools printer output to a file instead of
sending it to the COM port, and I lost it.  Does anyone have such a thing?
Please respond by e-mail to mb@cs.princeton.edu.  Thanks...
- Matt -

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle) (11/21/90)

In article <4570@rossignol.Princeton.EDU> mb@cs.Princeton.EDU (Matthias Blumrich (GS)) writes:
>I used to have a utility which spools printer output to a file instead of
>sending it to the COM port, and I lost it.  Does anyone have such a thing?
>Please respond by e-mail to mb@cs.princeton.edu.  Thanks...
>- Matt -

LPT2DSK.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Capture LPT output to a disk file
LPTX600.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Redirect printer output to a file
LPTX700.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Updated LPT (redirect PRN to file) [.ASM src]
PRIND25.ZIP  PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Redirect printer to file/screen/printer on cmd
PRINDIR.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Redirects printer output to disk file
PRISC.ARC    PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Selective print screen by lines, disk option
PRN2FILE.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Redirect printer to disk (w/asm)
PRNDSK.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Redirect Printer Output To Disk
PRT2SCRN.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Redirects & stops shift PrtSc lock
PSEND.ARC    PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Sends controls to printer from text file
PSTASH20.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Redirects lpt output to file
RPRN.ARC     PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Redirect printer output to disk file
SCRNDUMP.BAS PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Dump screen to file [within BASIC]
VPRINT20.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Redirect printer output to disk file V2.01
VPRNT301.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER> Printer redirection to disk file, v3.01
BOSSKY13.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>  Capture screen to disk/display captured screen
CAPBUF.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>  TSR captures any text screen to disk
CONCPY11.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>  Copy screen output to file & still see it
LAMNETH.ZIP  PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>  Redirect PrintScreen to print to a disk file
PIPEV20.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>  Redirect console output to a disk file
PSPLUS.ZIP   PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>  TSR: Shift-PrtSc saves to disk or printer
SCRIPT11.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>  Saves console output to a file
SNIPPR22.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>  TSR to save part of screen to disk/print/keybd

These are all available at simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the directory
listed above (PD1:<MSDOS.xxxxx> )  or at wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4)
in mirrors/msdos/xxxxx.

There are several mail servers that will process the ftp commands for those who
have access to e-mail, but not FTP.  Addresses are:

In North America:

          LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU   North Dakota State University.
          LISTSERV@VM.ECS.RPI.EDU  Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    GET PDGET HELP PCSERV-L

Also:
          BITFTP@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU

   In the body of the mail have the command:
   HELP

In Europe use:

          TRICKLE@TREARN    ("Turgut Kalfaoglu"   <TURGUT@TREARN>)
          TRICKLE@IMIPOLI   ("Marco Gandolfi"     <MARCO@IMIPOLI>)
          TRICKLE@BANUFS11  ("Michel Daulie"      <DAULIE@BANUFS11>)
          TRICKLE@AWIWUW11  ("Gustaf Neumann"     <NEUMANN@AWIWUW11>)
          TRICKLE@DB0FUB11  ("Wolfram Fassbender" <EARNIE@DB0FUB11>)
          TRICKLE@EB0UB011  ("Oriol Robert"       <ZCCBORR@EB0UB011>)
(note:  these are EARN/BITNET style addresses.  If anyone has Internet
        style addresses, please let me know.  TRICKLE@TREAN.BITNET might
        work, but not sure).

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    /HELP

If anyone knows of any other mirrored archives of Simtel20, please let me
know and I'll add them to this generic response.

Thanks.

This subject was convered less than a month ago also, in either this newsgroup
or in comp.os.msdos.apps.

Also, I hate unix email, and it hates me, therefore, it got posted. :->
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid
                    mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr (unix mail-YEACH!)| command 'HELP'

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/21/90)

Sorry to have put this message in here in this bounced form, but it
is concerns developing the facilities for this group.

(Mike Castle, please take a note of this posting. We've checked, and
the mailer problem should not be at our site.)

From: MAILER-DAEMON@cs.umr.edu (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: Local configuration error
To: <ts@uwasa.fi>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 90 02:14:14 -0600

554 <mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu>... Local configuration error

>There are several mail servers that will process the ftp commands for those who
>have access to e-mail, but not FTP.  Addresses are:
>
>In North America:

Hello Mike,
   I'd like to include your message in my next FAQ version, because
I find this information very useful.  May I do so?
   All the best, Timo

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)