[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Bugs in SHEZ archive shell

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/21/90)

I have taken a closer look at some features of the archive shell
Shez currently in version /pc/pd2/shez59.zip.  Among its the many
options there is (s) for updating the archive comments.  This part
of the shell seem to be buggy.  Editing the file comments of an .arc
package results in erroneous behavior.  And when I tried to edit the
file comments of a .zip archive, and attempted to delete a single
letter by pressing the delete key, Shez crashed my PC.  This is an
annoying flaw in an otherwise useful program.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

ralphs%halcyon.uucp@seattleu.edu (11/22/90)

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) writes:

> I have taken a closer look at some features of the archive shell
> Shez currently in version /pc/pd2/shez59.zip.  Among its the many
> options there is (s) for updating the archive comments.  This part

I tried to delete a file from a large archive with it and wound
up getting prompted to add a comment to the archive (arc'd).

Back to 1.58?