[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] v09i018: survey, survey data entry and analysis

clear@cavebbs.gen.nz (Charlie Lear) (11/28/90)

In article <2420@sixhub.UUCP> ibmbin-request@crdgw1.crd.ge.com writes:
>Archive-name: survey/part01
>  The readme ... plays Motzart while you read. Loudly.
> ... asks "are you sure?" after eveything ...get used to typing
>return-y at the end of everything. Filenames are 11 characters, it won't
>take less and you can't supply your own dot in the middle.
>  I got no output from the analysis, and the program hung when I told it
>  I found the documentation to be clearly written, uninformative, and
>too loud. I have no idea what the output of the analysis should be, but
>the readme says you need a graphics card to run the program, and doesn't
>seem to use it.

Then why the hell take up 300k of my disk space and modem time by
posting it? 8-)

Seriously, I have used c.b.i.p as a quality software resource for the last
two years. It is an excellent way for shareware authors to get their software
out into the real world. However, if a program exhibits the sort of faults
you describe, surely it would be better to email a "reject slip" to the
author so they could fix it and resubmit a better version, than post it
as is?

Regards
Charlie "The Bear" Lear | The Cave MegaBBS +64 4 643429  Usenet/Fido/Files
clear@cavebbs.gen.nz    | PO Box 2009, Wellington, New Zealand V32-6 lines