[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] v09i036: cse, public domain text editor

bb16@prism.gatech.EDU (Scott Bostater) (12/01/90)

In the documentation for cse, it specifies that registered users would get
some advanced documentation on how the program works and all the capabilities
of its key definition language.  Unfortunately, nowhere does it indicate
how to register or if there are any fees involved.  It claims to be freeware,
which which makes me wonder why the author cares about registered users and
why s/he did not include the advanced documentation.

I'm interested in cse bcause it looks very, very similar to PE2 but is a whole
lot smaller.  If it has enough of PE2's capabilities, I'd dump it for something
that was public domain.

So....  anybody (and/or the moderator) know how to get in touch with the author
or original submitter?

Thanks,
--
Scott Bostater      Georgia Tech Research Institute - Radar Systems Analysis
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him"  -Ps 62.1

japplega@slate.mines.colorado.edu (Joe Applegate Grn 209 3369 6509768) (12/03/90)

In article <17886@hydra.gatech.EDU> bb16@prism.gatech.EDU (Scott Bostater) writes:
>In the documentation for cse, it specifies that registered users would get
>some advanced documentation on how the program works and all the capabilities
>of its key definition language.  Unfortunately, nowhere does it indicate
>how to register or if there are any fees involved.  It claims to be freeware,
>which which makes me wonder why the author cares about registered users and
>why s/he did not include the advanced documentation.

Originally this version of the software was to be shareware with the expanded
doc thrown in for bait...

But my boss had other ideas... since the original program was written 3+ years
ago for a TIPC by state personel using state equiptment, he felt (and I now
agree) that it and all enhancements belong in the PD.  So the 100 hours or
so of my own time I put into it are gratis to the world... hope you all enjoy
it!

I think most net people are sophisticated enough of computer users to figure
out the commands in PROFILE.CSE... if anyone really needs help in customising
please E-MAIL me...

BTW:  IT doesn't have word wrap... and never will!  It is an editor NOT
a Word Processor.

Joe Applegate - Colorado School of Mines