[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Portable ZIP?

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (12/04/90)

In article <2690@hsi86.hsi.com> tankus@hsi86.hsi.com (Ed Tankus) writes:
>I thought I saw a posting for a "Portable ZIP" recently.  I realize
>that PKZIP, etc. is owned and tm'd by PKWARE but I could have sworn
>I saw this.  Maybe I AM nuts.

You probably saw my posting which mentioned the Info-ZIP mailing list
at WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.  That group has a portable UNZIP and is now
Beta testing a portable ZIP - both written in C.

The latest public release of the portable UNZIP is in the
pd3:<misc.unix> directory.  The file name is UNZIP400.TAR-Z which
is a compressed Unix tar file.  Be sure to use binary or tenex mode
when getting this file with FTP.

To have your name added to the mailing list, send a message to
Info-ZIP-Request@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]