[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] CP/M Emulator that reads disks ???

chris@iesd.auc.dk (Christian J. Callsen) (11/26/90)

Hello everybody.

I need to transfer some binary data files from an old CP/M format 80
tracks,9 sectors/track (720K). They are consisting of text and
integers only, no floats.

Does anybody know a CP/M emulator so that I can write these files to a
DOS-format ????

Thanks, Guys.

-Chris  C=>8^)

cjc@ils.nwu.edu (Christopher Chen) (12/04/90)

In article <CHRIS.90Nov26084519@omega.iesd.auc.dk>, chris@iesd.auc.dk
(Christian J. Callsen) writes:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I need to transfer some binary data files from an old CP/M format 80
> tracks,9 sectors/track (720K). They are consisting of text and
> integers only, no floats.
>
> Does anybody know a CP/M emulator so that I can write these files to a
> DOS-format ????

There is a diskette copier in the PD1:<MSDOS.DSKUTL> directory on simtel20
known as 22DSK134.ZIP.  It's called 22DISK, and is shareware.  I've used it
successfully to transfer old Kaypro disks to MS-DOS.  It's about 211K
zipped.  The same file can be found at wuarchive.wustl.edu in the directory
mirrors/msdos/dskutl.

I think the same company also makes a C/PM emulator, but they do it in a
slightly weird way.  Unfortunately, I've long since forgotten the details.
If anyone really cares, I can try and track it down.

> Thanks, Guys.
>
> -Chris  C=>8^)

cjc
--