[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] PARAWIN3 DRIVERS

YEE@rcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu (Roger Yee) (11/27/90)

HI,

I DON'T WANT TO TROUBLE TOO MANY PEOPLE BUT, I DOWNLOADED THE PARAWIN3 DRIVERS
FOR WINDOWS 3 AND WHEN I FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO UPDATE MY COMPUTERS
FREEZES.  HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IF THE ORGINAL POSTER COULD TELL
ME HOW LONG IT TOOK HIM/HER TO INSTALL THESE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

THANKS,

ROGER YEE (YEE@RCGL1.ENG.OHIO-STATE.EDU)

drahnier@gmdtub (Reinhard Rasche) (11/28/90)

In article <6226@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu> YEE@rcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu (Roger Yee) writes:

  HI,

  I DON'T WANT TO TROUBLE TOO MANY PEOPLE BUT, I DOWNLOADED THE PARAWIN3 DRIVERS
  FOR WINDOWS 3 AND WHEN I FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO UPDATE MY COMPUTERS
  FREEZES.  HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IF THE ORGINAL POSTER COULD TELL
  ME HOW LONG IT TOOK HIM/HER TO INSTALL THESE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

  THANKS,

  ROGER YEE (YEE@RCGL1.ENG.OHIO-STATE.EDU)

I had a similar problem when trying to install the 800x600 driver with
the same result: the system froze. This was caused by a line inserted
into my config.sys by the installation process automatically saying
DEVICE=<path>\ega.sys. Well, I don't have an ega.sys so I simply removed
that line and everything worked fine.
hope this helps.
--
/*
 *  drahnier@gmdtub.first.gmd.de

gmb@occrsh.ATT.COM (Gary_M_Brammer) (11/30/90)

Our Usenet machine flushed the PARAWIN3 DRIVERS before I got a copy of
them.  Would someone please repost them or mail me info on where I could
snarf them.  Thanks Netland.

Gary Brammer
AT&T Oklahoma City Works

indra@brahms.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (12/05/90)

YEE@rcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu (Roger Yee) writes:

>HI,
>I DON'T WANT TO TROUBLE TOO MANY PEOPLE BUT, I DOWNLOADED THE PARAWIN3 DRIVERS
>FOR WINDOWS 3 AND WHEN I FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO UPDATE MY COMPUTERS
>FREEZES.  HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IF THE ORGINAL POSTER COULD TELL
>ME HOW LONG IT TOOK HIM/HER TO INSTALL THESE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.
>THANKS,
>ROGER YEE (YEE@RCGL1.ENG.OHIO-STATE.EDU)

I believe I was the original submitter... I used it off and it did not
take unusually long. I have heard one other person complain of similar
symptoms. I am not sure what you have in common. My hardware
configuration is: AST Premium/286 with 6Mb, Paradise OEM with 512K, Sony 1304.

Anyone else have any insights? If necessary, I could reinstall mine and
see what happens.

--
iNDRA | indra@amd.com or {ames apple uunet}!amd!indra