[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] email me TAR please !!!

dbearly@vax1.tcd.ie (11/28/90)

Could someone please e-mail me the code for the TAR uncompress utility.
I've just uudecoded a long program and discovered that I need TAR !!

(perhaps I should read the headers first !! 8-)  )

			Dom.

dbearly@vax1.tcd.ie
dbearly@unix1.tcd.ie
				8-{0

fs016@zeus.unomaha.edu (12/06/90)

In article <1990Nov28.124240.7321@vax1.tcd.ie>, dbearly@vax1.tcd.ie writes:
> Could someone please e-mail me the code for the TAR uncompress utility.
> I've just uudecoded a long program and discovered that I need TAR !!
>
> (perhaps I should read the headers first !! 8-)  )
>
> 			Dom.
>
> dbearly@vax1.tcd.ie
> dbearly@unix1.tcd.ie
> 				8-{0
	I also could use a .tar extractor.  It doesn't have to be e-mailed; an
ftp site will work just as well.  Thanks.
-Uriel
fs016@zeus.unomaha.edu

kgowen@cie.uoregon.edu (Kevin Gowen) (12/09/90)

Somewhere out there in anonymous ftp-land, I *know* there are ms-dos ports of
the following UNIX utilities:

1) tar
2) compress/uncompress

I don't require source; the executables would do nicely.  If someone knows of
an anonymous ftp site that has these items, I would be most grateful if they
would either post me a note or email me.  Thanks in advance!

-kevin
kgowen@cie.uoregon.edu