[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Missing part ___ of ____

jackson@csvax.seas.smu.edu (Keith Jackson) (12/09/90)

In numerous articles <99999@foo.bar.fubar.edu> fubar@foo.bar.fubar.edu writes:
>I got article xx through yy of the zzz program, but I'm still missing part
>aa and bb.  Does anyone know if these articles are ever going to be
>posted?  I haven't seen them come up immediately, so obviously the person
>posting was killed before finishing the post.  Can anyone toss the carcass
>aside and finish the posting.  It's a matter of life and death that I get
>the last of the articles NOW!!  I can't wait until tomorrow or the next
>day.  In fact the whole universe hangs in the balance of this little
>article.

Please, for the sake of all who read c.b.i.p.d for valuable information,
stop posting these requests.  Inevitably all programs will be posted in
their entirety, I assure you.  If you simply cannot wait, mail to the
moderator of c.b.i.p or the administrator of simtel or chyde and tell them
about the incomplete postings.  On rare occassions, we have gotten
corrupted postings (even then everybody went overboard announcing this) but
I've never seen any missing articles which didn't eventually get posted.

In summary :   BE PATIENT ABOUT ARTICLES IN COMP.BINARIES.IBM.PC !!

Thank you.
	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
Keith Jackson {convex, texsun}!smu!jackson == jackson@csvax.seas.smu.edu

		U N * X : L i v e  F r e e  o r  D i e

jackson@csvax.seas.smu.edu (Keith Jackson) (12/09/90)

In article <16508@smunews.UUCP> I write:
>I assure you.  If you simply cannot wait, mail to the
>moderator of c.b.i.p

Which is correct.

>                     or the administrator of simtel or chyde and tell them
>about the incomplete postings.

Which is not.  You should only mail to them requesting information about
binaries located at their ftp sites.  If you haven't been able to get the
binaries from c.b.i.p due to late or missing articles, these are sometimes
the best alternative.

NOTE:  DO NOT COMPLAIN TO THEM ABOUT ARTICLES.  SUCH COMPLAINTS GO ONLY TO
BILL DAVIDSON, MODERATOR OF COMP.BINARIES.IBM.PC

>In summary :   BE PATIENT ABOUT ARTICLES IN COMP.BINARIES.IBM.PC !!

My apologies to the administrators of chyde and simtel.  Please don't bug
them about things beyond their control.