[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] music, TERM, & BBS

ralphs@sumax.seattleu.edu (Ralph Sims) (12/11/90)

dubs_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (/* Jeremy DuBois */) writes:

> In <JuTZT1w163w@tradent.wimsey.bc.ca> system@tradent.wimsey.bc.ca, writes:

> >I'm interested in rec'ving info. on adding music to a BBS program that runs
> >with it's own TERM program. Can somebody out there help me transmit the
> >beautiful sound of music over the modem !

>   The way it is usually done is with ANSI escape sequences that have been
> developed for music.  Otherwise, if you want to use a special Terminal
> program, any set of escape sequence would work.

Close.  They are derived from BASIC's PLAY statements.  A source for
info would be some of the larger RBBS boards (those with support for
RBBS and its utilities).  This type of sound was popular a number of
years ago with RBBS.

system@tradent.wimsey.bc.ca (Gordon Soukoreff) (12/11/90)

I'm interested in rec'ving info. on adding music to a BBS program that runs
with it's own TERM program. Can somebody out there help me transmit the
beautiful sound of music over the modem !

---gord

" However, you will agree, Doctor, that the nineteen century man could have
believed that science would some day explain thhe world. Renan, Berthelot,
Taine, as they started out in life, hoped so. Twentieth century man no longer
has such hopes. He knows that discoveries push mysteries further into back-
ground."  Andre' MAUROIS ( Les Nouveaux Disscours du docteur O'Grady ).

dubs_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (/* Jeremy DuBois */) (12/11/90)

--
/ Jer \
| dubs_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu | Univeristy of Rochester, New York |