[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Q: Modifying the master environment

bkahn@archive.webo.dg.com (Bruce Kahn) (12/08/90)

  I have various projects and packages that I use and each likes to play
w/my environment variables (notably PATH but others as well).  I have found
that in order to use different ones Ive had to create bat files to do the
switching for me.  The problem is that sometimes I dont have any easy way
of mixing them.  Im looking for a program that will allow me to easily modify
my master environment variables.  This can be a set of programs (ie setenv,
delenv, etc) or one.  Can anyone offer any ideas/suggestions?

--
                                          Bruce (bkahn@archive.webo.dg.com or
                                                 kahn@adam.dg.com)

  Standard disclaimers apply, except where prohibited by law...

tte@metaware.metaware.com (Thuan-Tit Ewe) (12/13/90)

In article <1204@dg.dg.com> bkahn@archive.webo.dg.com (Bruce Kahn) writes:
>Im looking for a program that will allow me to easily modify
>my master environment variables.  This can be a set of programs (ie setenv,
>delenv, etc) or one.  Can anyone offer any ideas/suggestions?

I've written just such a program, allowing you to insert, delete, edit, sort
and output the environment. Will work on master environment as well as
current environment. If there are more interest, I'll post it to
cbip, otherwise I'll just send it to Bruce.

-thuan
---
The opinion expressed above are not those of MetaWare Inc.

Thuan-Tit Ewe			MetaWare Inc
tte@metaware.com
{uunet|ucscc|acad}!metaware!tte