[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Missing Parts of New Anti-virals from McAfee

steve@archone.tamu.edu (Steve Rikli) (12/08/90)

I believe that part 2 of the uuencoded CLEAN71B.ZIP bit the byte-bucket.
Our site received two copies of part 1, and then part 3, but nothing as
yet in between.

Anyone else?

        / steve@archone.tamu.edu    / Surely you don't think I do this for    /
       / srr2632@venus.tamu.edu    / fun?  I'm getting PAID.                 /
      /___________________________/_________________________________________/
     / Steve Rikli               / "To err is human.  To forgive is not    /
    / Asst. System Manager      / company policy."                        /
   / Visualization Lab         /                                         /
  / Texas A&M University      / "You can't make anything foolproof      /
 / College Station, TX 77844 / because fools are so ingenious."        /
/___________________________/_________________________________________/

acs17111@uop.edu (M H Misnan) (12/08/90)

steve@archone.tamu.edu (Steve Rikli) writes:

>I believe that part 2 of the uuencoded CLEAN71B.ZIP bit the byte-bucket.
>Our site received two copies of part 1, and then part 3, but nothing as
>yet in between.

>Anyone else?

Yup, our site also get the same things. Two copies of part 1 and one
part 3 and don't know where part 2 go! Please repost it, thanks.

--

Mohd H. Misnan              */*  UUCP: mhm!hamid@uop.uop.edu
University of The Pacific, */*   Inet:  acs17111@uop.uop.edu

etxsral@california.ericsson.se (Lars Nilsson TN97308) (12/08/90)

In article <10707@helios.TAMU.EDU> steve@archone.tamu.edu (Steve Rikli) writes:
>I believe that part 2 of the uuencoded CLEAN71B.ZIP bit the byte-bucket.
>Our site received two copies of part 1, and then part 3, but nothing as
>yet in between.
>
>Anyone else?

Exactly the same here on ericsson.se .
--
Lars Nilsson
Ericsson Telecom AB , Stockholm - Sweden

wewst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (William E Williams) (12/08/90)

My site is also missing part 1 of conquest, but we have received 2 copies
of part 2.

Ted

dave@tygra.ddmi.com (David Conrad) (12/10/90)

Hmm.  Everyone's mentioned part 2 being missing and part 1 having been
mailed twice, and we had the same problem here.  (And now part 2 has
appeared.  Thank you.)  But no one has mentioned the other problem,
which leads me to wonder if it's only at this site.

Both parts one which were posted are reported corrupted by brik.
I tested both, the first one reports 2714803645  BAD clean71b.1o3;
I deleted the second one, unfortunately, but it too was reported BAD
by brik.  (Parts 2 & 3 both tested ok.)  But it decodes without a
hitch, and the zoo checks out with LOOZ 2.12.  So what's the story?

David R. Conrad | Domain: dave@tygra.ddmi.com | Path: uunet!tygra!dave
"`Save the strong, lose the weak. Never turnin' the other cheek. Trust
nobody, and don't be no fool.'  Whatever happened to the Golden Rule?"
			-- Stevie Ray Vaughn
--
=  CAT-TALK Conferencing Network, Computer Conferencing and File Archive  =
-  1-313-343-0800, 300/1200/2400/9600 baud, 8/N/1. New users use 'new'    -

dww@stl.stc.co.uk (David Wright) (12/11/90)

In the referenced article dave@tygra.UUCP (David Conrad) writes:
#Both parts [1 of clean71b] which were posted are reported corrupted by brik.
#I tested both, the first one reports 2714803645  BAD clean71b.1o3;
#I deleted the second one, unfortunately, but it too was reported BAD
#by brik.  (Parts 2 & 3 both tested ok.)  But it decodes without a
#hitch, and the zoo checks out with LOOZ 2.12.  So what's the story?

Both were identical except for the Message-Id.   Both had a number of lines
of UUENCODE'd data appended after the END---- cut line.   If you remove
them, brik says the article is OK.   And so is the resulting zoo file.

There was a damaged cbase article though - check on your copies of cbase
part 11/12;   two were sent out, one OK and the other truncated.   Make
sure you use brik to check you extracted the good one.
I understand that sixhub had spool full problems.

Regards,          "None shall be enslaved by poverty, ignorance or conformity"
        David Wright             STL, London Road, Harlow, Essex  CM17 9NA, UK
dww@stl.stc.co.uk  <or> ...uunet!mcsun!ukc!stl!dww  <or> PSI%234237100122::DWW

In article <579@tygra.ddmi.com> dave@tygra.UUCP (David Conrad) writes:

| Both parts one which were posted are reported corrupted by brik.
| I tested both, the first one reports 2714803645  BAD clean71b.1o3;
| I deleted the second one, unfortunately, but it too was reported BAD
| by brik.  (Parts 2 & 3 both tested ok.)  But it decodes without a
| hitch, and the zoo checks out with LOOZ 2.12.  So what's the story?

  I haven't run that down, but I reposted both, and they had good
briksums when they left here. You must be one of the few places which
bothers to check things. I saw this in the report from England and
uunet, so it happened early on.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX

rtodd@thoreau.nsc.com ( =Ron Todd) (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec8.115016.9692@ericsson.se>, etxsral@california.ericsson.se (Lars Nilsson TN97308) writes:
> In article <10707@helios.TAMU.EDU> steve@archone.tamu.edu (Steve Rikli) writes:
> >I believe that part 2 of the uuencoded CLEAN71B.ZIP bit the byte-bucket.
> Exactly the same here on ericsson.se .

Not only did the multiple listing of part 2 occur at this site but
part 1 was corrupted with a sporadic "cut" line and a partial line.  The
archive failed crc and aborted the decompaction.

Could we please have a repost of clean71b?  I think its great idea to
put this stuff on the net due to its utillity.

Thanks,  Ron

furlong@tdoc13.mdcbbs.com (Nebula Software, Huntington Beach, CA USA) (12/13/90)

> Not only did the multiple listing of part 2 occur at this site but
> part 1 was corrupted with a sporadic "cut" line and a partial line.  The
> archive failed crc and aborted the decompaction.

	As mentioned by others, all you have to do is cut everything from
	the spurious "cut" line in part 1 to the end of the file (about 80
	lines). After concatenating parts 2 and 3, the decompression will
	work fine.

                             "It will take more than software to make your
                              PC bark like a dog"
                             ----------------------- PC Magazine -----------

    Carey Furlong, Huntington Beach, CA; Compu$erve 70531,2753;
    Prodigy TXST34A; uunet!tdocm.mdcbbs.com!furlong; furlong@tdocm.mdcbbs.com

decomyn@penguin.uss.tek.com (12/14/90)

In article <118@thoreau.nsc.com> rtodd@thoreau.nsc.com ( =Ron Todd) writes:
>> In article <10707@helios.TAMU.EDU> steve@archone.tamu.edu (Steve Rikli) writes:
>> >I believe that part 2 of the uuencoded CLEAN71B.ZIP bit the byte-bucket.
>
>Not only did the multiple listing of part 2 occur at this site but
>part 1 was corrupted with a sporadic "cut" line and a partial line.  The
>archive failed crc and aborted the decompaction.

If you edit Part 1, and simply remove everything after the first "END"
line, the archive is fine.  At least, that's all I had to do to get mine
to work, and I have had no problems with it since.

Brendt Hess a.k.a.             | Disclaimer: Opinions?  I don't even work here!
Payne Hirds                    |       Life is not a zero-sum game:
decomyn@penguin.uss.tek.com    |          don't treat it as such.