[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Clipper Libraries

derykm@oz.plymouth.edu (Dez) (11/30/90)

We are looking for good third party libraries to accomplish some additional
functions for us in an already existing Clipper compiled applications. Specifically, we need to:
     > dial the telephone from wihtin our application
     > have basic word processing capabilities with mail merge
     > include a calendar routine
We have seen advertised several libraries that perform some of these functions,
but are seeking opinions on what the good packages are.
  \      ...Deryk C. Marien                                            /
   \     .  Plymouth State College, Business Department               /

ccfac@nt.sait.edu.au (12/14/90)

In article <1990Nov29.225955.9637@oz.plymouth.edu>, derykm@oz.plymouth.edu (Dez) writes:
> We are looking for good third party libraries to accomplish some additional
> functions for us in an already existing Clipper compiled applications. Specifically, we need to:
>      > dial the telephone from wihtin our application
>      > have basic word processing capabilities with mail merge
>      > include a calendar routine
> We have seen advertised several libraries that perform some of these functions,
> but are seeking opinions on what the good packages are.

Have you tried Grumpfish?  It has a calendar routine and maybe a word-proc (in
the commercial version)  A shareware/demo version can be obtained at BBS or
Simtel-20.  The other brilliant library for Clipper is FUNCky.  It might have
dialing abilities and calendar routine.  Check with your local distributor
and get them to send you more info on these products.

Francis

CCFAC@SAIT.EDU.AU       Francis Chan
University of South Australia (to be)