[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Zip for UNIX

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (12/05/90)

>  I noticed in a listing of lists, that you are the moderator of
>  Info-Zip.  Do you happen to know if there is an exit ZIP creator
>  utility (source).  Most use will be on a SUN.

The Info-ZIP group is Beta testing a ZIP creating program for Unix
right now.  If you would like to be added to the mailing list, send a
note to Info-ZIP-Request@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

UNZIP 4.01 was just released.  It's in the PD1:<MISC.UNIX> directory
as UNZIP401.TAR-Z, a compressed Unix tar file.

--Keith

charlie@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Charlie Duke) (12/08/90)

> UNZIP 4.01 was just released.  It's in the PD1:<MISC.UNIX> directory
> as UNZIP401.TAR-Z, a compressed Unix tar file.
>
> --Keith

   For those of us the unwashed category, Steve, any idea on how long before
the wuarchive will reflect this update?

Charlie Duke
charlie@hp-lsd.cos.hp.com

charlie@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Charlie Duke) (12/08/90)

/ hp-lsd:comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d / charlie@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Charlie Duke) / 10:03 am  Dec  7, 1990 /
> UNZIP 4.01 was just released.  It's in the PD1:<MISC.UNIX> directory
> as UNZIP401.TAR-Z, a compressed Unix tar file.
>
> --Keith

   For those of us the unwashed category, Steve, any idea on how long before
                                          ^^^^^

   Oops, I meant Keith.  Maybe THAT's why we don't have access 8-)

Charlie Duke
charlie@hp-lsd.cos.hp.com
----------

rick@lrark.UUCP (Rick Mobley) (12/21/90)

In article <11510010@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM> charlie@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Charlie Duke) writes:
 >/ hp-lsd:comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d / charlie@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Charlie Duke) / 10:03 am  Dec  7, 1990 /
 >> UNZIP 4.01 was just released.  It's in the PD1:<MISC.UNIX> directory
 >> as UNZIP401.TAR-Z, a compressed Unix tar file.
 >>
 >> --Keith

Any chance that this might run on a SCO Xenix 286 machine?

--
rick@lrark.UUCP       *    bang path --> uunet!ddi1!lrark!rick    *
Ricky Mobley          *          LRTUG (501) 224-9454             *