[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] EVAFONT.ZIP at uwasa.fi archives

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (12/27/90)

From: kvitekp@jvd.msk.su (Pete Kvitek)
Subject: ftp upload evaluation
To: ts@uwasa.fi
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 90 08:57 MSK

  Timo,
  I'm using netland for two months by now and feel a
  little bit sorry making no contribution to it. It seems
  like I developed a package which hopefully will be
  useful for other people and I'd like to put it to some
  ftp. But I'm not quite sure if it is worth to... I'd
  greatly appreciate your opinion before taking any
  further steps.

  The 'EVAfont' package is (yet another) EGA/VGA font
  designer capable to handle 8x8, 8x14 and 8x16 fonts
  with some features not present in other similar
  products:

  1) Ability to 'grab' font from video ram, which allows
  editing of the fonts currently visible on the screen,
  even if they were downloaded by some other program or
  driver;

  2) Ability to generate font drivers in a few
  keystrokes. This drivers are TSR programs which support
  downloadable fonts while other programs are executed;

  It's capable to work with 8x8, 8x14 and 8x16 fonts, has
  nice windowing interface with mouse support, rich set
  of font editing features. Package includes a set of
  nice Cyrillic fonts and keyboard driver.

  If you think that this sort of things may be
  interesting, please, let me know, and I'll send you a
  package for further evaluation.

  Thanks in advance,
  > Pete
Pete I. Kvitek <kvitekp@jvd.msk.su>
Speaking from but not for JV Dialogue, Moscow, USSR

Thanks Pete.  The file is available from uwasa.fi archives.  I
checked the package, but unfortunately I won't have time for an
actual evaluation.  The location information of your file in our
directory structure will be in /pc/INDEX,

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)