[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] **CORRECTED** Looking for Mac Unstuffit and such

mholtz@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Mark A. Holtz) (12/27/90)

In article <4534@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US>, mholtz@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Mark A. Holtz) writes:
> I am looking for a program that unstuff and take apart a MacBinary
> file. Can anyone point me in the right direction of any such
> program?

WHOOPS! When I posted the above message, I received some mail that
this is the IBM group, not the MAC group, post it there. Well, I
don't own or use a MAC. Let me explain. . . .

I want to be able to download sound files for remac for IBM.
However, some of these sound files have been Stuff-It and
MacBinary-ed to a BBS. I want to unpack these files on a 386-20
Cache system. Thus, the request goes appropriately in the
c.b.i.p.d. group.
--
      "THANK YOU FOR NOT        /\   UUCP: ames att!pacbell! \
DISCUSSING THE OUTSIDE WORLD." |\/|     pyramid sun!pacbell! => sactoh0!mholtz

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (12/28/90)

In article <4537@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US> mholtz@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Mark A. Holtz) writes:
>In article <4534@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US>, mholtz@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Mark A. Holtz) writes:
>> I am looking for a program that unstuff and take apart a MacBinary
>> file. Can anyone point me in the right direction of any such
>> program?

I  use unsit on our  Unix machines. And if they  are BinHexed then you
probably want to have a look at xbin also.   Then I know of  a package
called mcvert  that should do  also. These  you can find from sumex or
nic.funet.fi (128.214.6.100). We have  them in our  pub/mac/source and
pub/mac/unix dirs. Enjoy.

--
== Harri Valkama, University of Vaasa, Finland ===========================
P.O. Box 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland (tel:+358 61 248426 fax:+358 61 248465)