[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] PostScript screen dump?

porter@caip.rutgers.edu (Adam Porter) (12/27/90)

Is there a shareware or public domain program which allows you to dump
a VGA screen on a PC to a PostScript file?  Thanks....
--
Adam Porter: Assistant SysAdmin, NEC Research Institute, Princeton NJ
adam@research.nec.com   {...}!princeton!necserve!adam        C:\> alp

vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com (venu.p.gopal) (12/29/90)

In article <Dec.27.10.32.49.1990.23218@caip.rutgers.edu>, porter@caip.rutgers.edu (Adam Porter) writes:

> Is there a shareware or public domain program which allows you to dump
> a VGA screen on a PC to a PostScript file?  Thanks....
> --
> Adam Porter: Assistant SysAdmin, NEC Research Institute, Princeton NJ
> adam@research.nec.com   {...}!princeton!necserve!adam        C:\> alp

I don't know of any shareware or public domain ones; but Screen-to-Postscript
(SCRtoPS) comes close, it's priced at $49.95+sh/hand.  It's a TSR that takes up
only about 10K of memory and can capture text and graphics screens, send the
Encapsulated postscript output to a file or to the serial/parallel ports.
Text is captured in text mode and printed using the Courier font, and line/box
characters are printed.  Many SuperVGA graphics modes are supported.  It
converts to grayscale.  It's available from Offe Enterprises, 708-357-6679.

I believe a post-processing program is available now for additional cost that
will let you create an EPS file that shows forground/background colors
in text screens as different shades of background gray and foreground
thicknesses with a user-selectable mapping of the colors to these.

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!cbnewsc!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com