[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] NNANSI and TD

system@infopls.chi.il.us (SYSOP) (12/30/90)

  I've found out that Turbo Debugger 2.00, and NNANSI in FAST mode do not
work together. TD's screen pops up, and the mouse is there, but nothing
works right. This happens even if I do  cls^td  in 4DOS. It works fine in
SLOW mode, BTW.

---------------
Andrew Rossmann               | Sysop of Infoplus BBS, +1 708 537 0247
 andyross@infopls.chi.il.us   | Infoplus Support, latest version available
 ..!uunet!ddsw1!infopls!system| by logging in as infoplus.

williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Kent Williams) (12/30/90)

nnansi in fast mode won't work with Elvis (a vi clone) either.  When Elvis
draws a line on the screen, the old text after the end of the new text doesn't
get erased.
--
             Kent Williams --- williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu
"'Is this heaven?' --- 'No, this is Iowa'" - from the movie "Field of Dreams"

jsilva@cogsci.berkeley.edu (John Silva) (12/31/90)

In article <3762@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu.UUCP writes:
>nnansi in fast mode won't work with Elvis (a vi clone) either.  When Elvis
>draws a line on the screen, the old text after the end of the new text doesn't
>get erased.
>--
>             Kent Williams --- williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu
>"'Is this heaven?' --- 'No, this is Iowa'" - from the movie "Field of Dreams"
>"This isn't heaven, ... this is Cleveland" - Harry Allard, in "The Stupids Die"

NNansi (8/90 version) interferes with Carbon Copy Plus 5.2.2 when run on the
carbon copy host machine.  Symptoms are dramatically slow communications and
unpredictable lockups.  Changing fast/slow and gcon/gcoff did no good.  The
only thing which enabled carbon copy to function properly and reliably was
removing nnansi from the hosts config.sys.

-J.

John P. Silva                                 "I drank WHAT?!"
Inova Products, Inc.                 Internet: jsilva@cogsci.berkeley.edu
(415)222-9255                          Usenet: ucbvax!cogsci!jsilva