[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Word to WordPerfect

ao@infovax.UUCP (Anders Ohlsson ) (12/28/90)

	Hi all!

	Does anybody know of a program that will convert MicroSoft Word 4.0
	documents on a Macintosh to WordPerfect 5.1 on a PC and vice versa?

				Thanx in advance,

					Anders Ohlsson
					ao@infovox.se

bchs1b@jetson.uh.edu (12/29/90)

In article <356@infovax.UUCP>, ao@infovax.UUCP (Anders Ohlsson ) writes:
> 	Hi all!
>
> 	Does anybody know of a program that will convert MicroSoft Word 4.0
> 	documents on a Macintosh to WordPerfect 5.1 on a PC and vice versa?
>

> 				Thanx in advance,
>
> 					Anders Ohlsson
> 					ao@infovox.se

You do not need any other program. First, save your MS Word 4.0 file on the
Macintosh in MS-DOS Word format (the Mac program will let you do that as
a save option). then get the file to your PC however you wish. WP comes with
a Convert program which will convert from MS Word 4.0 to WP.
I am not so sure about the vice versa however...

mike benedik
benedik@uh.edu

price@helios.unl.edu (Chad Price) (01/07/91)

bchs1b@jetson.uh.edu writes:

>In article <356@infovax.UUCP>, ao@infovax.UUCP (Anders Ohlsson ) writes:
>> 	Does anybody know of a program that will convert MicroSoft Word 4.0
>> 	documents on a Macintosh to WordPerfect 5.1 on a PC and vice versa?
>You do not need any other program. First, save your MS Word 4.0 file on the
>Macintosh in MS-DOS Word format (the Mac program will let you do that as
>a save option). then get the file to your PC however you wish. WP comes with
>a Convert program which will convert from MS Word 4.0 to WP.
>I am not so sure about the vice versa however...

The vica versa is not quite so simple - the best way I have found is
through the DCA-revisable form test as an intermediate. Convert can
create it and Word can read this format. Usually, however, Word has lots
of extra formatting embedded when you do it this way. You also have to
worry about WP codes which don't exist in Word (& conversely - or may
not exist in DCA-RFT standards).

chad price
price@fergvax.unl.edu