[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] PKLITE 1.03 bug

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (01/05/91)

I found a bug in PKLITE this afternoon; the -x option to uncompress files isn't
completely reliable.  For more details, see my posting to comp.lang.pascal or
comp.os.msdos.programmer; I should have cross-posted it here too, but didn't
think of it.

Does anyone know of an email address (Internet, Compuserve or Fidonet) for
PKWare?  I'd like to make sure they hear about it, but don't really want to
phone up their BBS with phone rates the way they are.

Duncan Murdoch
dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (01/05/91)

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) writes:
>Does anyone know of an email address (Internet, Compuserve or Fidonet) for
>PKWare?  I'd like to make sure they hear about it, but don't really want to
>phone up their BBS with phone rates the way they are.

Put this in the "frequently asked question" list.

     Phil Katz <katz@csd4.csd.uwm.edu>

Don't expect an answer to email.  He only answers about one in ten
messages that I send to him there.  That's a pretty poor return.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]

In article <4545@vela.acs.oakland.edu> w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) writes:

| Don't expect an answer to email.  He only answers about one in ten
| messages that I send to him there.  That's a pretty poor return.

  And from what I'm told even the answers which come back may be
somewhat less than expressions of joy at hearing from his fans.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX