[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Ad Lib or Sound Blaster programming tools

a563@mindlink.UUCP (Dave Kirsch) (01/13/91)

> ames@en.ecn.purdue.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1991Jan14.045021.3672@en.ecn.purdue.edu>
>
> Org.  : Purdue University Engineering Computer Network
> Person: Steven E Ames
>

>     I agree (again) and I'll ask (again)...Does anyone know where to
> pick up such tools (Ad Lib/Sound Blaster)?  Or perhaps some libraries
> to work with them?
>                                -Steve
>                                 am755@po.cwru.edu

The best place to get code for programming the AdLib (I don't know about the
Sound Blaster) card is to phone AdLib directly.  I bought the Programmer's
Manual from them for $13.95 Canadian, I got it at that price because I'm a
developer (I write video games for the PC).  Anyway, they recently sent me
their new Sound FX library.  It's REALLY slick, and it was _free_ to developers
(don't know about hobbyists).  You can get the number for AdLib from the
booklet that came with your card (I don't have mine handy right now).  Just
call them and ask them about their new Sound FX library.
/// Dave 'Zoid' Kirsch UUCP: {uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!a563
Voice: (604) 585-8844        a563@mindlink.UUCP
                             Zoid@cc.sfu.ca
                       Vancouver, British Columbia
"In-no-sense?  Nonsense!" - The Art Of Noise.

cowles@convex.com (John Cowles) (01/14/91)

Does anyone know of programming tools for the Ad Lib or Soundblaster
boards? Or do the companies involved have bbs's with downloadable tools?
I have lots of music files that I wrote for a four-voiced pc music
program that I would like to convert to play on my music board.

John Cowles                  cowles@hydra.convex.com
Convex Computer Corp
3000 Waterview Pkwy
Richardson, Tx.