[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Cheat for StarGoose

geurin@cod.NOSC.MIL (Chance) (01/19/91)

From article <2560@sparko.gwu.edu>, by timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler):
> In article <1991Jan16.213749.27102@ioe.lon.ac.uk> teexdwu@ioe.lon.ac.uk (DOMINIK WUJASTYK) writes:
>>Aaaah!  I see your name almost daily as I slowly progress with
>>the Star Goose addiction!  I can't believe that you actually got
>>over 100!
>
> I think there's a way to skip to the next levels.  If you play level 1 and
> get to level 2, but you lose all your lives in level 2, youn can start
> again in level 2.  Instead of pressing the spacebar to start a game, just
> wait for the game to start by itself.  You'll  find yourself at level 2.

This is not a 'cheat', but a feature of the program.  From the file
GOOSE.DOC:

"...Every time you advance a level you can loose all of you ships and if
you stay and play another round you can stay at the advanced level and
do not have to start from scratch...."

You don't have to wait for the game to start by itself, just press the
space bar.  BTW, you can tell if you've reached the final level by reading
the letters that are formed in the terrain.  It spells out "FINAL LEVEL".