[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] vuimg282 request

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (01/20/91)

In article <9034@uwm.edu> ajw@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Andrew James Will) writes:
>If someone has downloaded vuimg282, or any GIF viewing program, would you
>please email it to me?  My copy that I got from cbip got screwed up.  Thanks

7. *****
 Q: Someone email me a .zip extractor (or something equally common)

 A: This is not a flame but a friendly piece of advice for you, and
others occasionally posting similar wishes concerning easily
available shareware and PD programs.
    Better still than making an offhand request that may end up with
several kind netters duplicating each others' efforts for your
benefit by rushing to email your request to you, how about doing the
work yourself and getting it from an ftp site, or a BBS near you.
At our site the extractors can be found in the /pc/pd2 directory.
For .zip files use pkz110eu.exe.
   The wares are available by anonymous ftp from uwasa.fi, Vaasa,
Finland, or by using our mail server (use the latter if, and only if
you don't have anonymous ftp).  If you are not familiar with
anonymous ftp or mail servers, I am prepared send prerecorded
instructions on request.  (If you don't get the instructions from me
within a few days, it will mean that your email address cannot be
reached by a simple email reply, and you wouldn't be able to utilize
the mail server anyway.)
   If you are in North America, first try a North American mail
server to cut down the overseas traffic.
   If you don't know what directory to look at for the program you
would like to have, first get the file lists:
     /pc/INDEX
     /pc/ts/0dir-ts
     /pc/ts/tsarc111.txt

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)