[net.music] Blade Runner Soundtrack

steiner@topaz.ARPA (Dave Steiner) (04/11/85)

I'd really like to get the original soundtrack to the movie Bladerunner
done by Vangelis.  I haven't been able to find this and all that
seems to be out is a "muzak" orchestrated version that is not up to the
original.  Does anyone else have more info?

thanks,
--
ds

uucp:   ...{harvard, seismo, ut-sally, sri-iu, ihnp4!packard}!topaz!steiner
arpa:   Steiner@RUTGERS

gibson@unc.UUCP (Bill Gibson) (04/14/85)

In article <topaz.1179> steiner@topaz.ARPA (Dave Steiner) writes:
>I'd really like to get the original soundtrack to the movie Bladerunner
>done by Vangelis.

	I also liked this soundtrack and couldn't find the electronic
version anywhere. The only reason I ever heard was that the studio or
some agent screwed up Vangelis' contract so that his version won't be
distributed. It's a shame.

Bill Gibson
gibson@unc                   ...[akgua,decvax,philabs]!mcnc!unc!gibson

gnome@olivee.UUCP (Gary Traveis) (04/18/85)

> I'd really like to get the original soundtrack to the movie Bladerunner
> done by Vangelis.  I haven't been able to find this and all that
> seems to be out is a "muzak" orchestrated version that is not up to the
> original.  Does anyone else have more info?
>
> thanks,
> --
> ds
>
> uucp:   ...{harvard, seismo, ut-sally, sri-iu, ihnp4!packard}!topaz!steiner
> arpa:   Steiner@RUTGERS

So would I!  But the way it stands now, because of a contractual disagreement
between the producers/movie company and Vangelis, the soundtrack is probably
never going to be released -- So, get hold of Beta/VHS HI FI unit and you
can at least have the ending theme.

Yeh, I got the Wrong version once (I wasn't paying attention) and almost
lost my lunch.

Oh well...

trudel@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Jon) (08/19/85)

I've always wondered about the supposed soundtrack to the movie Blade
Runner.  Is the one I see in the stores exactly like the music in the
movie?  From what I remember, it was composed and performed by
Vangelis, but the album that I have seen only says that the music was
composed by Vangelis.  Did he perform the music for the movie?  Is the
soundtrack a duplication?  If so, how faithful is it compared to the
movie's version?  Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've only
heard rumors, and not the album.  Thanks.
--

					   Jonathan D. Trudel
					arpa:trudel@ru-blue.arpa

oz@yetti.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) (08/21/85)

In article <3341@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> trudel@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Jon) writes:

>I've always wondered about the supposed soundtrack to the movie Blade
>Runner.  Is the one I see in the stores exactly like the music in the
>movie?  From what I remember, it was composed and performed by
>Vangelis, but the album that I have seen only says that the music was
>composed by Vangelis.
	He did perform the one in the movie, however, refused to have
	it released as an album. The one sold in the record stores
	is performed by a seperate group of musicians. It is O.K., but
	with the exception of "LOVE THEME", it is not quite as
	thrilling as the Vangelis original. However, this group of
	musicians do include some notable names from the U.S. Jazz
	world. Since there does not seem to be a way of getting the
	very original, this is as close as you can get.

Oz
--
Usenet: [decvax|allegra|linus|ihnp4]!utzoo!yetti!oz
Bitnet: oz@[yusol|yuyetti]