[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Tar4dos request please send. :-)

adlacy@vax1.tcd.ie (01/17/91)

Can somebody please send me tar4dos please

E-Mail only please--

                                 cheers, Andy!
Andrew Lacy, C.Eng. Ugrad.      |   adlacy@vax1.tcd.ie   (preferred address)
T.C.D.  Ireland.                |   adlac@uni2x.tcd.ie  (alternative address)
______________________________|_________________________________________________

deya@infonode.ingr.com (Amit Dey) (01/19/91)

adlacy@vax1.tcd.ie writes:

>Can somebody please send me tar4dos please
>
>E-Mail only please--

>                                 cheers, Andy!
>________________________________________________________________________________
>Andrew Lacy, C.Eng. Ugrad.      |   adlacy@vax1.tcd.ie   (preferred address)
>T.C.D.  Ireland.                |   adlac@uni2x.tcd.ie  (alternative address)
>______________________________|_________________________________________________

Can the same somebody please send me the tar4dos as well.  Thanks

							Amit Dey
							deya@infonode.ingr.com
							Intergraph
							Huntsville, AL

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle (Nexus)) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan18.190557.16250@infonode.ingr.com> deya@infonode.ingr.com (Amit Dey) writes:
>adlacy@vax1.tcd.ie writes:
>
>>Can somebody please send me tar4dos please
>>
>>E-Mail only please--
>
>Can the same somebody please send me the tar4dos as well.  Thanks

Why don't you guys try using email servers?  In America try
bitftp@pucc.princeton.edu (send in BODY of mail:   HELP)  and in Finland there
is hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (subject of:  chyde-request    and body of:   send help).

If you're not too particular about a PC version of TAR, there are several
at simtel20 (and for those you can use the 2 LISTSERVs as posted here earlier,
probably within a few posts).

--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| command 'HELP'

srj@quasar.unet.com (Scott Johnson) (01/22/91)

In article <4754@vela.acs.oakland.edu> w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) writes:
>In article <1240@unet.UUCP> srj@quasar.unet.com (Scott Johnson) writes:
>>I personally have tried every flippin' mail server I can find, and NOT A ONE
>>works for me.  I know what problem I have with communicating with every
>>one I have tried, and I have no way of remedying the many problems that come
>>my way.
>
>Don't blame the mail servers.  Your company has not properly
>registered its domain.  Neither quasar.unet.com nor unet.com are
>known by the domain name system.

Read my letter again.  (the part you DIDN'T quote...)  I do NOT blame
the mail servers, I blame my company.  (Not enough workerbees in MIS)

By the way, net.com (NOT unet.com) IS registered, (check my .sig) but we
have problems with our news and mail software that nobody has had time to
fix (hence my "I know what problem _I_ have with communicating with
every one I have tried, and I have no way fo remedying the many problems..."

I'm not about to slander the mail servers, and I appreciate the service the
servers are providing us.  I just was wishing out loud that I could use them,
and was trying to make a point that they aren't a solution to everyone.

Let's take this to email, OK?

    --srj                    Scott R. Johnson, esq.
           o_O               srj@net.com         {ames|pyramid|oliveb}!unet!srj
          =( ) =             Network Equipment Technologies        415-780-4352
            U    Ack!        800 Saginaw Drive 24.2.3, Redwood City, CA   94063

herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (daniel lance herrick) (01/23/91)

In article <1240@unet.UUCP>, srj@quasar.unet.com (Scott Johnson) writes:
> In article <1989@umriscc.isc.umr.edu> mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle (Nexus)) writes:
>>Why don't you guys try using email servers?
>
> Boy, I sure hope he CAN use a mail server...
>
> Some of us can't!  (Believe it or not!)
>
> I personally have tried every flippin' mail server I can find, and NOT A ONE
> works for me.  I know what problem I have with communicating with every
> one I have tried, and I have no way of remedying the many problems that come
> my way.
[part of his frustration truncated]
> Flames will be directed to /dev/null.
>

>     --srj                    Scott R. Johnson, esq.
>            o_O               srj@net.com         {ames|pyramid|oliveb}!unet!srj
>           =( ) =             Network Equipment Technologies        415-780-4352
>             U    Ack!        800 Saginaw Drive 24.2.3, Redwood City, CA   94063

The two simtel20 listservers insist on sending answers to the address
in the official From: header in your mail request.  If your mailer is
putting an unusable address there, then the "network gods that are
snarling at" you work for Network Equipment Technologies.  There are
many gracious people on the various comp.mail.* and news.* groups who
continually help people fix their broken mailers.

With a name like Network Equipment Technologies it would look better
if the mail you sent on the network conformed to spec.

dan herrick
herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com