[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] TSR Cut and Paste Program

ajl3578@cs.rit.edu (Anthony J Leccese) (01/15/91)

Does anyone know of a TSR which allows a person to use a mouse to highlight
and copy a section of text on the screen and then paste it to another or
save it for later. Any information on the where abouts if such a program
exist would be greatly appreciated.

						Anthony Leccese

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle (Nexus)) (01/15/91)

In article <2093@cs.rit.edu> ajl3578@cs.rit.edu (Anthony J Leccese) writes:
>Does anyone know of a TSR which allows a person to use a mouse to highlight
>and copy a section of text on the screen and then paste it to another or
>save it for later. Any information on the where abouts if such a program
>exist would be greatly appreciated.

Some of these might be useful:

CUT-PAST.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.TXTUTL> Screen cut/paste utility
CUT101.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.TXTUTL> Cut out spec. fields from each line of file
CUTPAST4.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN> TSR adds text cut and paste to any program
PHOTO.ARC    PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN> TSR EGA/CGA/TEXT screen capture & replay
SNIPPR22.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN> TSR to save part of screen to disk/print/keybd
TELEPORT.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN> Cut and paste data between programs

These are all available at simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the directory
listed above (PD1:<MSDOS.xxxxx> )  or at wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4)
in mirrors/msdos/xxxxx.

There are several mail servers that will process the ftp commands for those who
have access to e-mail, but not FTP.  Addresses are:

In North America (Simtel20 access only):

          LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU   North Dakota State University.
          LISTSERV@VM.ECS.RPI.EDU  Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    GET PDGET HELP PCSERV-L

Also (any ftp site):
          BITFTP@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU

   In the body of the mail have the command:
   HELP

Trickle servers (Simtel20 access only):
In Denmark:     TRICKLE@DKTC11.BITNET
In Turkey:      TRICKLE@TREARN.BITNET
In Italy:       TRICKLE@IMIPOLI.BITNET
In Belgium:     TRICKLE@BANUFS11.BITNET
In Austria:     TRICKLE@AWIWUW11.BITNET
In Germany:     TRICKLE@DTUZDV1.BITNET
In Spain:       TRICKLE@EB0UB011.BITNET
In Israel:      TRICKLE@TAUNIVM.BITNET
In Netherlands: TRICKLE@HEARN.BITNET
France:         TRICKLE@FRMOP11.BITNET
Germany:        TRICKLE@DB0FUB11.BITNET
Chile:          TRICKLE@USACHVM1.BITNET
Not sure:       TRICKLE@DS0RUS1I.BITNET

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    /HELP

If anyone knows of any other mirrored archives of Simtel20, please let me
know and I'll add them to this generic response.

Thanks.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| command 'HELP'

dubner@hpspkla.spk.hp.com (Joe Dubner) (01/23/91)

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu Mike Castle (Nexus at University of Missouri
- Rolla) writes:

>In article <2093@cs.rit.edu> ajl3578@cs.rit.edu (Anthony J Leccese) writes:
>>Does anyone know of a TSR which allows a person to use a mouse to highlight
>>and copy a section of text on the screen and then paste it to another or
>>save it for later. Any information on the where abouts if such a program
>>exist would be greatly appreciated.

>Some of these might be useful:

>CUT-PAST.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.TXTUTL> Screen cut/paste utility
>CUT101.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.TXTUTL> Cut out spec. fields from each line of file
>CUTPAST4.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN> TSR adds text cut and paste to any program
>PHOTO.ARC    PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN> TSR EGA/CGA/TEXT screen capture & replay
>SNIPPR22.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN> TSR to save part of screen to disk/print/keybd
>TELEPORT.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN> Cut and paste data between programs

Yes, but do any of them support a mouse?  (I think not -- I have SNIPPER
and CUTPAST and they definitley do not).

This is a feature of my unix X-windows display and I sorely miss it in
MS-DOS.  If a mouse-aware cut-and-paste program turns up, please post it
name and availability here.

Joe Dubner     K7JD  |  Hewlett Packard Company  |  dubner@hpspkla.HP.COM
                     |  TAFC-34         M.S. 2I  |   (509) 921-3514
                     |  Spokane, WA  99220       |