[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] SIMTEL20 problem?

dave@tygra.ddmi.com (David Conrad) (01/22/91)

The following appeared while trying to get to SIMTEL20 via RPIECS:
--
Date:     15 Jan 1991 12:07:10
From: "Archive Server" <CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU!TRICKLE%RPIECS.BITNET>

WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL is presently out of service.  The file
you requested is not in the local disk cache of recently
requested files, so it is not possible for this server to
provide you with that file at this time.  If and when SIMTEL20
is back in operation, this server will resume normal service.
--
So what's it mean, if anything.  I've gotten other files since.
--

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (01/23/91)

dave@tygra.ddmi.com (David Conrad) writes:
>WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL is presently out of service.  The file
>you requested is not in the local disk cache of recently
>requested files, so it is not possible for this server to
>provide you with that file at this time.  If and when SIMTEL20
>is back in operation, this server will resume normal service.

This is an old advisory from LISTSERV.  SIMTEL20 was down with air
conditioning problems.  That has been fixed.  If you are still
receiving the message above when you request files via LISTSERV,
complain to the LISTSERV maintainer.

Questions and complaints about LISTSERV should be sent to:

Info@VM1.NODAK.EDU       for   LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU problems
FISHER@VM.ECS.RPI.EDU    for   LISTSERV@VM.ECS.RPI.EDU problems

SIMTEL20 does **NOT** run the LISTERV file servers.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]