[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] CED -- was Re: alias on ibm-pc, anyone?

marmbrus@isis.cs.du.edu (Mark Armbrust) (01/25/91)

I have some patches for CED version 1.0D that implement command history
matching, some bug fixes, and a change in the insert model.  The history
matching works by matching the characters to the left of the cursor when
the up- or down-arrow keys are pressed.

If anyone's interested in more info, drop me a line.

Happy Hacking!

valley@uchicago (Doug Dougherty) (01/25/91)

marmbrus@isis.cs.du.edu (Mark Armbrust) writes:

>I have some patches for CED version 1.0D that implement command history
>matching, some bug fixes, and a change in the insert model.  The history
>matching works by matching the characters to the left of the cursor when
>the up- or down-arrow keys are pressed.

>If anyone's interested in more info, drop me a line.

>Happy Hacking!

I am very interested.  I started using CED a little while ago and like
it a lot, but the thing missing is the ability to find things in the
command stack.  Please send the patches (or, better yet, post them to cbip)
Or both...

jackm@agcsun.UUCP (Jack Morrison) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan25.051458.15558@isis.cs.du.edu> marmbrus@isis.UUCP (Mark Armbrust) writes:
>I have some patches for CED version 1.0D that implement command history
>matching, some bug fixes, and a change in the insert model.  The history
>matching works by matching the characters to the left of the cursor when
>the up- or down-arrow keys are pressed.

You might try UNCLE (unix-like command line editor) on SIMTEL-20
(MSDOS.KEYBOARD, I think). It includes aliases (static only), and many
csh-type history functions besides command line editing.

I wrote it years ago, and use it constantly. I haven't used 4DOS, which
sounds to be much better; but if you want a small TSR to avoid schizophrenia
when going between DOS and UNIX, you might like UNCLE instead. It's even free.

--
"How am I typing?  Call 1-303-279-1300"     Jack C. Morrison
Ampex Video Systems    581 Conference Place, Golden CO 80401