[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Source for UNZIP and ZIP ?

cie590l@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Hadgraft) (01/29/91)

In December last year, someone mentioned that there were C source versions of ZIP
and UNZIP available, from Simtel, I think. Unfortunately, I didn't take a copy
of that posting. Can someone refresh my memory? I'd like to create an UNZIP for
WIndows 3.
  |  Roger Hadgraft                 +----------------------------------+
  |  Senior Lecturer                |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au   |
  |  Dept of Civil Engineering      |  phone:  +61 3 565 4983          |
  |  Monash University              |  fax:    +61 3 565 4944 or 3409  |

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan29.090753.86228@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> cie590l@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Hadgraft) writes:
>In December last year, someone mentioned that there were C source versions of ZIP
>and UNZIP available, from Simtel, I think. Unfortunately, I didn't take a copy
>of that posting. Can someone refresh my memory? I'd like to create an UNZIP for
>WIndows 3.

From /pc/ts/tsfaq17.arc

11. *****
 Q: Where can I find Unix sources for .arc, .lzh, .zoo, and .zip
file compression.

 A: You can find Unix arc, lharc, zoo, and UNzip packages in the
/unix/ts directory at the anonymous ftp site garbo.uwasa.fi. The
instructions for processing these unix packages are in
/unix/ts/0news-u. Note that there is no zip packing yet for Unix,
only zip unpacking. Many users have also inquired about the source
code for making .zip files, but that's not available although there
is work going on a an Unix zip.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37