[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] ARC to upack SIMTEL directory file

mat@emcard.UUCP (W Mat Waites) (01/29/91)

I reuested a new directory from the SIMTEL server and apparently the
ARC that I have is not up to the job of unpacking it. I get the message
"try a newer version of ARC" or something to that effect. Could someone
either E-mail me a new ARC or give me the directory and filename on SIMTEL.

Thanks,

Mat
(404) 727-7197

--
W Mat Waites              |  Walking the wire is living,
{gatech,emory}!emcard!mat |  the rest is just waiting. - Wallenda

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle {Nexus}) (01/30/91)

In article <8284@emcard.UUCP> mat@emcard.UUCP (W Mat Waites) writes:
>I reuested a new directory from the SIMTEL server and apparently the
>ARC that I have is not up to the job of unpacking it. I get the message
>"try a newer version of ARC" or something to that effect. Could someone
>either E-mail me a new ARC or give me the directory and filename on SIMTEL.

Look in the directory PD1:<MSDOS.STARTER>.  It has a whole bevy of plain
executables to play with, including PK361.EXE (self-extracting PKPAK and
PKUNPAK, I believe).
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| command 'HELP'

rcharbon@athena.mit.edu (Ray Charbonneau) (01/30/91)

In article <8284@emcard.UUCP>, mat@emcard.UUCP (W Mat Waites) writes:
|> I reuested a new directory from the SIMTEL server and apparently the
|> ARC that I have is not up to the job of unpacking it. I get the message
|> "try a newer version of ARC" or something to that effect. Could someone
|> either E-mail me a new ARC or give me the directory and filename on SIMTEL.

I'll bet you didn't change the file transfer type to 'binary' before ftp'ing.

--
Ray Charbonneau              |  Appropriate remark! - Dave Barry
rcharbon@athena.mit.edu      |  b.i.b.w.y.l.o.a.i.w.y.i.t.b.w.- Brian Smith