[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] AN203 - what's new?

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (02/02/91)

Ample Notice 2.03 has just been posted to c.b.i.p.  I've already got
2.01 (from Simtel20); can anyone tell me what the differences are in
2.03?

I'd also like to make this a general request:  when any program is posted
to c.b.i.p. more than once, could an extract of the revision history be
posted with it?  It's a fair bit of trouble to download and install a
new version of something, and if it's just to support some new hardware
that I don't have, or to fix a bug that doesn't bug me, I probably won't
bother.

Duncan Murdoch

In article <1991Feb1.183703.19827@maytag.waterloo.edu> dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) writes:

| I'd also like to make this a general request:  when any program is posted
| to c.b.i.p. more than once, could an extract of the revision history be
| posted with it?

  You will note that programs which come to me with the history get
posted with it. If you think I'm going to do a feature by feature
compare to write an article, forget it.

  Besides, since I got seriously flamed for trying to post a bug fix
version of vuimg and then found that the most recent version had been
sent to simtel20 but not here, I think I'm going to stop posting
updates.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (02/04/91)

In article <3079@sixhub.UUCP> davidsen@sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>In article <1991Feb1.183703.19827@maytag.waterloo.edu> dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) writes:
>
>| I'd also like to make this a general request:  when any program is posted
>| to c.b.i.p. more than once, could an extract of the revision history be
>| posted with it?
>
>  You will note that programs which come to me with the history get
>posted with it. If you think I'm going to do a feature by feature
>compare to write an article, forget it.

Sorry, that did sound a bit like a flame, didn't it?  What I should have said
was:

When sending a program to the c.b.i.p. moderator for posting, could an
extract of the revision history please be included in the description?

This should apply whether the posting is a repeat or not; if it has a
history, I might have gotten an earlier version from a different source.

Duncan Murdoch
dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu