[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Yet another vuimg version:

ian@unipalm.uucp (Ian Phillipps) (01/30/91)

Much as I enjoy using GIF image viewers, I feel that at least three
postings of *shareware* image viewer in as many months (versions 27?, 28?
and now 292) is excessive. Does the moderator have shares in the publishers?

Why not something much more useful, such as an update to some of V Buerg's
utilities?

Ian

Disclaimer: I own no shares in shareware companies.
Second Disclaimer: Vernon, I sent a cheque (check) by email, but it bounced

valley@uchicago (Doug Dougherty) (01/31/91)

ian@unipalm.uucp (Ian Phillipps) writes:

>Much as I enjoy using GIF image viewers, I feel that at least three
>postings of *shareware* image viewer in as many months (versions 27?, 28?
>and now 292) is excessive. Does the moderator have shares in the publishers?

>Why not something much more useful, such as an update to some of V Buerg's
>utilities?

>Ian

>Disclaimer: I own no shares in shareware companies.
>Second Disclaimer: Vernon, I sent a cheque (check) by email, but it bounced

The mail or the check?
	(I know a set up line when I see one...)

But seriously folks, while we're on the subject of Vern's utilities, let
me take this opportunity to complain about something weird in QDR.

	I am using QDR.COM, version 1-28-87 (Yes, I know that's old, but
	I think its the most current) and I can't get the form:
		QDR d:label
	to work.  (It formats correctly, but doesn't label the diskette)
	What's worse is, I swear this used to work (like a year or so ago)
	but now I can't get it to work on any platform I try it on
	(network, non-network, 5.25, 3.5, etc)

	What gives?

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (02/01/91)

VUIMG292 is not the latest version.  The latest version of VUIMG was
uploaded to SIMTEL20 last week and announced to the net.

Directory PD1;<MSDOS.GIF>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
VUIMG295.ZIP  B   96128  910124  GIF/GIF89a/TIFF view/print w/Zoom/Pan/Scale

The author uploads each new version to Detroit Download Central and I
then transfer it to SIMTEL20.

Any other software authors reading this who do not have a good way to
get files to SIMTEL20 should contact me by email at one of the
addresses below or leave a comment to SYSOP on DDC.  We will make
arrangements for you to be able to upload your programs to DDC at no
cost to you, except for the phone call to DDC.

If you *do* have net access and wish to upload files to SIMTEL20
please send email to me for instructions on how to upload with FTP, or
if FTP is not available then a special email address for uuencoded or
xxencoded file submissions.  Please do *not* send files to my personal
email addresses.  It causes my mailbox to be overloaded.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Co-SysOp, Detroit Download Central 313-885-3956 (212/V22bis/HST/V32/V42bis)

ian@unipalm.uucp (Ian Phillipps) writes:

>Much as I enjoy using GIF image viewers, I feel that at least three
>postings of *shareware* image viewer in as many months (versions 27?, 28?
>and now 292) is excessive. Does the moderator have shares in the publishers?

  And when I don't update them every month or so people complain that
there are fixes they don't have.

  I have been holding several pieces of shareware of my own off the list
for a year to avoid having anyone claim I was taking advantage of the
group, now this. Along with being hassled by lawyers, insulted by
authors when I don't move stuff fast enough, hassled by others because
the volume is too high, tying up 150MB of my disk, two hours a day of my
time, and about $30/month in phone bills, now I'm accused of taking
paybacks.

  Why should I do this when I can watch CNN? Good night.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (02/03/91)

In article <1991Jan30.140610.3538@unipalm.uucp> ian@unipalm.uucp (Ian Phillipps) writes:
-Much as I enjoy using GIF image viewers, I feel that at least three
-postings of *shareware* image viewer in as many months (versions 27?, 28?
-and now 292) is excessive.

Dear fellow user.  There is nothing wrong with expressing one's
views, preferences and concerns, as you do here.

-Does the moderator have shares in the publishers?

But here you are way out of line.  So I'll also deviate from my (I
hope) usually cordial manners, and say outright.  What of it.  Why
don't you just shut up, and rather concentrate on thinking how you
could benefit the binaries, shareware or otherwise.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

rabeck@cbnewsk.att.com (ronald.a.beck) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb2.174617.2273@uwasa.fi>, ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) writes:
> In article <1991Jan30.140610.3538@unipalm.uucp> ian@unipalm.uucp (Ian Phillipps) writes:
>> First comment deleted.....
>>
> First _polite_ response deleted.
>
>> -Does the moderator have shares in the publishers?
>
> But here you are way out of line.  So I'll also deviate from my (I
> hope) usually cordial manners, and say outright.  What of it.  Why
> don't you just shut up, and rather concentrate on thinking how you
> could benefit the binaries, shareware or otherwise.

> Prof. Timo Salmi
> Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

RIGHT ON TIMO!!!

Ron
--
Ron Beck                                                      __           __
AT&T		Voice:404-873-7717                           |__}   /_\   |__}