[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] UUDECODE problem?

Richard_Parson@mindlink.UUCP (Richard Parson) (02/01/91)

Some UUENCODEd files seem to be corrupted by losing any spaces at the end of a
line. Spaces in the middle of a line are ok.

Does anyone have (MSDOS) software that will recover these files by adding space
characters to the end of any line shorter than 60 characters in length?

Thanks

                                  Richard

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (02/05/91)

In article <4657@mindlink.UUCP> Richard_Parson@mindlink.UUCP (Richard Parson) writes:
>Some UUENCODEd files seem to be corrupted by losing any spaces at the end of a
>line. Spaces in the middle of a line are ok.
>
>Does anyone have (MSDOS) software that will recover these files by adding space
>characters to the end of any line shorter than 60 characters in length?

You might try taking a look at /pc/ts/tsfcom23.arc.  It includes a
utility that can pad the lines of a text file in several ways.
Whether it will solve your original dilemma, I am not quite sure,
but give it a try.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

andy@mks.com (Andy Toy) (02/05/91)

In article <4657@mindlink.UUCP> Richard_Parson@mindlink.UUCP (Richard Parson) writes:
>Some UUENCODEd files seem to be corrupted by losing any spaces at the end of a
>line. Spaces in the middle of a line are ok.
>
>Does anyone have (MSDOS) software that will recover these files by adding space
>characters to the end of any line shorter than 60 characters in length?

How about the following (if you have sed, awk, perl or something similar):

	# add some spaces to the end of every line
	sed 's/$/         /' file.uue | uudecode

or	awk '{ print $0 "        " }' file.uue | uudecode
--
Andy Toy <andy@mks.com>                       UUCP: ...!uunet!watmath!mks!andy
Technical Support <support@mks.com>                     Phone: +1-519-884-2270