[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Where can I get DSZ?

mb@elan.Princeton.EDU (Matthias Blumrich (GS)) (02/07/91)

Hi.  I would like to try out the Zmodem protocol, so I think I need
a program called DSZ.COM.  Can someone please tell me where to get
this?  Thanks in advance.  Please respond to mb@elan.princeton.edu.
- Matt -

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (02/07/91)

In article <6666@rossignol.Princeton.EDU> mb@elan.Princeton.EDU (Matthias Blumrich (GS)) writes:
>Hi.  I would like to try out the Zmodem protocol, so I think I need
>a program called DSZ.COM.  Can someone please tell me where to get

You can get it from any good BBS and many ftp sites.  If you look
for it at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives, the latest version
we have is /pc/pd2/dsz1216.zip, the 16-Dec-90 release.  The Unix
version is in the /unix/ts directory, if you need that.  Zmodem is
also included in some telecommunication programs like Telix or
TeleMate, which you'll find in the /pc/comm or /pc/termprog
directory.  This is a good alternative because of its user
friendliness.

A piece of friendly general advice.  Don't put your email address in
the header as the Newsgroups in your postings.  Instead of the
effect you desire, it just confuses some mailer programs and
routings of the responses.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37