[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Screen Saver Code

jc58+@andrew.cmu.edu (Johnny J. Chin) (02/07/91)

Does anyone know where I may obtain code to perform a screen saver type of
operation within a program?

What I am looking for is something that will blank the screen if the
user of the program I am writing has been inactive for a few minutes.
I'm looking for
a routine that will work with every type of display (from Mono to Color VGA).

Thanks in advance for your replies.

     __________           Carnegie Mellon University             ___
    /          \                                            /   /    /_/ / /\/
   _/  /   /   / "Happy Computing ..."                   __/.  /__  / / / / /
  /     /     /     -- Computer Dr.
 /           /                          Internet: Johnny.J.Chin@andrew.cmu.edu
/  -------  /   4730 Centre Ave. #412   BITnet:   jc58@andrew
\__________/    Pittsburgh, PA  15213   UUCP:    ...!uunet!andrew.cmu.edu!jc58

leilabd@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Leila Burrell-Davis) (02/07/91)

jc58+@andrew.cmu.edu (Johnny J. Chin) writes:
> What I am looking for is something that will blank the screen if the
> user of the program I am writing has been inactive for a few minutes.
> I'm looking for
> a routine that will work with every type of display (from Mono to Color VGA).

There's a program called Burnout (I have version 2.3 I
think) which works on all kinds of displays and comes with
assembler source. It should be in most archives.

Leila
--
Leila Burrell-Davis, Computing Service, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Tel:   +44 273 678390              Fax:   +44 273 678470