[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] PD CC promises for cbip - thanks but please hasten!

ECSGRT@lure.latrobe.edu.au (Geoffrey Tobin, Electronic Engineering) (02/09/91)

Dear Nice Netters,

I've recently read several kind promises to provide cc, gcc,
or even g++ for IBM-AT MS-DOS platforms, even for small-memory
machines.  (Mine is a 640k memory, 21M HD, 286 machine; the best
I have ready access to is a 2M memory, 70M HD, 386/387 job).

Firstly, thanks for the offers, it would be a great help to me,
as I write and use much C, but now have no editor handy!  (I'm
a poor student, so I'll buy TC++ or MSC6 only if you send me the
cash!)

Secondly, beggars can't be choosers, but they can surely be
persistent, so please hurry these staple items to cbip, or I, and
thousands like me, shall starve!

ITa,  (AdvThanksance acronym)

Yours Sincerely,

Geoffrey Tobin            ecsgrt@lu.latrobe.edu.au

In article <5036@lure.latrobe.edu.au>, ECSGRT@lure.latrobe.edu.au (Geoffrey Tobin, Electronic Engineering) writes:
> Dear Nice Netters,
>
> as I write and use much C, but now have no editor handy!  (I'm
                                             ^^^^^^
Oops!  This is false.  I have Elvis 1.4.  I mean "compiler".
Yes, we have no compilers, we have no compilers today!