[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Pkfixzip?

dana@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Daniel Schneider) (02/09/91)

Does anybody out there know where I can get Pkfixzip?  I have looked
in a couple of ftp sites to no avail.  If anybody could mail it
to me or direct to an ftp site I would appreciate it.

Thankyou,
Dan
dana@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle {Nexus}) (02/09/91)

In article <43929@ut-emx.uucp> dana@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Daniel Schneider) writes:
>Does anybody out there know where I can get Pkfixzip?  I have looked
>in a couple of ftp sites to no avail.  If anybody could mail it

It's part of the pkz110eu.exe package.  Once you have that, you can get the
pkzipfix from it by running  'pkz110eu pkzipfix.exe' and that will get you
get that particular file out of the self-extracting archive. (At least, I
*think* that's the format.  If that doesn't work, do 'pkz110eu -h' to list
some commands).

For the person who was worried about the software copyright messages on some
of the archiving, don't worry.  The ZOO and LHARC programs are freeware, that
is the programmer maintains copyrights of the programs, but use is free.  All
the PK products can be used for a limtited trial period, but if you only use
them once or twice, then decide you don't like them, then you don't have to
worry about payment (shareware).

If you just want to un-zip something, there are some other programs that will
unzip, and there might be a freeware one out there somewhere.  If nothing else,
there is source for an unzipper on Simtel20, in the unix-c directory somewhere,
I believe, and you might be able to get that to work for unarchiving things.

Btw, there is a Simtel20 mirror in Australia.  The site address is:
sol.deakin.oz.au (128.184.1.1).  I know it has the pc stuff on it, but I'm
not sure about any of the other Simtel20 stuff.  Look around.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | RN ate my
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| .newsrc!

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (02/09/91)

In article <43929@ut-emx.uucp> dana@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Daniel Schneider) writes:
>Does anybody out there know where I can get Pkfixzip?  I have looked
>in a couple of ftp sites to no avail.  If anybody could mail it
>to me or direct to an ftp site I would appreciate it.

Now my memory may let me down, but have you checked inside
pkz110.exe (or /pc/pd2/pkz110eu.exe).  Wasn't there a fix in there?

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37