[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Mouse Routines for Turbo C

choppa@itsgw.rpi.edu (Stephen Chopelas) (02/09/91)

I don't know if I am posting to the right place but I am in
desperate need of mouse routines to be used from Turbo C for
getting mouse locations, buttons pressed, etc and hopefully
editing the cursor. If anyone knows where I might get them I
would appreciate it. Thanks.

- Stephen Chopelas    ( choppa@rpi.edu )

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle {Nexus}) (02/10/91)

Here's some files you might find useful.  The Pascal files are listed just in
case someone is curious.

CXL52-1.ZIP  PD1:<MSDOS.C>        Window/menu/mouse C func lib, docs/utils, 1of2
CXL52-2.ZIP  PD1:<MSDOS.C>        Window/menu/mouse C func lib, libraries, 2of2
CMOUSE2.ZIP  PD1:<MSDOS.MOUSE>    Mouse management for MSC 5.1/MASM 5.0 or later
TCXL551.ZIP  PD1:<MSDOS.TURBO-C>  Window/menu/mouse C language function library
AMOUSE55.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> TurboPas5.5 Microsoft mouse unit (source only)
MOUSTOOL.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS> Add a mouse to Turbo Pascal 5.0

These are all available at:
New Mexico:  simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the directory listed above
                                           (PDx:<MSDOS.xxxxx> )
Missouri:    wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) in mirrors/msdos/xxxxx
Australia:   sol.deakin.oz.au (128.184.1.1) in pub/PC/simtel-20/xxxxx

There are several mail servers that will process the ftp commands for those who
have access to e-mail, but not FTP.  Addresses are:

In North America (Simtel20 access only):

          LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU   North Dakota State University.
          LISTSERV@VM.ECS.RPI.EDU  Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    GET PDGET HELP PCSERV-L

Also (any ftp site):
          BITFTP@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU

   In the body of the mail have the command:
   HELP

Trickle servers (Simtel20 access only):
In Denmark:     TRICKLE@DKTC11
In Turkey:      TRICKLE@TREARN
In Italy:       TRICKLE@IMIPOLI
In Belgium:     TRICKLE@BANUFS11
In Austria:     TRICKLE@AWIWUW11
In Germany:     TRICKLE@DTUZDV1
In Spain:       TRICKLE@EB0UB011
In Israel:      TRICKLE@TAUNIVM
In Netherlands: TRICKLE@HEARN
France:         TRICKLE@FRMOP11
Germany:        TRICKLE@DB0FUB11
Chile:          TRICKLE@USACHVM1
Not sure:       TRICKLE@DS0RUS1I

(note:  these are EARN/BITNET style addresses.  Internet users should
        try BITNET domain addresses such as TRICKLE@TREAN.BITNET)

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    /HELP

If anyone knows of any other mirrored archives of Simtel20, please let me
know and I'll add them to this generic response.

Thanks.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | RN ate my
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| .newsrc!

mwizard@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Craig Nelson) (02/12/91)

choppa@itsgw.rpi.edu (Stephen Chopelas) writes:

>I don't know if I am posting to the right place but I am in
>desperate need of mouse routines to be used from Turbo C for
>getting mouse locations, buttons pressed, etc and hopefully
>editing the cursor. If anyone knows where I might get them I
>would appreciate it. Thanks.

>- Stephen Chopelas    ( choppa@rpi.edu )

	Steve, if you really need them fast, send me e-mail where I can
get ahold of you and I will download them wherever you are.  If you feel
like typing (I did at the time I was reading it) the routines are available
in a text called "Power Graphics Using Turbo C" by Keith Weiskamp.  It is
available at most technical book stores, and anyplace that sells computer
books. (Try Egghead Software, if you know what that is)

	Craig.   (mwizard@eecs.ee.pdx.edu)