[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Is there a GIF files newsgroup?

daniel@rosevax.Rosemount.COM (The Amazing Daniel Winker) (02/15/91)

I'm just learning how to view gif files, I haven't actually gotten one
to the screen yet, and I would like to know if there's a specific newsgroup
I could read for files and information.

One picture I know I would like:

Remember the TV broadcast test pattern with the Indian Chief in the middle?
They don't show it anymore, either because it might offend Native Americans
or because it doesn't do any good on a color broadcast.  At any rate I
think it would be nice to have it - sort of as an antique.  Does anyone
know where I might find it?

			T.T.F.N. (Ta Ta For Now, Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne)
			Dan

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (02/15/91)

In article <9695@rosevax.Rosemount.COM> daniel@rosevax.Rosemount.COM (The Amazing Daniel Winker) writes:
>I'm just learning how to view gif files, I haven't actually gotten one
>to the screen yet, and I would like to know if there's a specific newsgroup
>I could read for files and information.

There is a newsgroup called alt.sex.pictures.  It contains GIFs of, well,
you can guess.  There are ftp sites like funic.funet.fi and lut.fi.

Sadder still to watch it die                                a.k.a. Timur Tabi
Then never to have known it                      Internet: timur@seas.gwu.edu
For you - the blind who once could see -         Bitnet:         HE891C@GWUVM
The bell tolls for thee                  -- Rush