[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Wanted : A good mouse based editor / Word Processor

nqdy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (02/12/91)

Hi,
       I need an editor / word processor which makes extensive use of the
mouse and has good pull down menus. (Kinda like the mac eh.....).
I don't want Windows 3.0 based stuff. It should not be too expensive either.
       sanjeev
       nqdy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

drack@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Dave Rackley) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb12.093043.2679@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> nqdy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:

>   Hi,
>          I need an editor / word processor which makes extensive use of the
>   mouse and has good pull down menus. (Kinda like the mac eh.....).
>   I don't want Windows 3.0 based stuff. It should not be too expensive either.
>          sanjeev
>          nqdy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

Try "POINT".  It comes bundled with the Logitech Mouse.

--

  DISCLAIMER:  I, hereby, disclaim any disclaimer except this disclaimer.

+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
| David Rackley                 | Now comes the really weird part...You know  |
| Applied Research Laboratories | the part where I know how to tap dance, but |
| The University of Texas       | only while wearing golf shoes...            |
| Austin, TX.  78758            |        ...Ponderous, man, really ponderous! |
+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+

kooijman@duteca (Richard Kooijman) (02/13/91)

nqdy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:

>Hi,
>       I need an editor / word processor which makes extensive use of the
>mouse and has good pull down menus. (Kinda like the mac eh.....).

There is an editor called Point v2.0 on simtel20.
It used to be bundled with Logitech mice, but is now totally PD, the source too!

Richard.

bvandepe@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au.ua.oz (Commander Straker) (02/15/91)

From article <1222@duteca.UUCP>, by kooijman@duteca (Richard Kooijman):

> There is a (mouse) editor called Point v2.0 on simtel20.
> It used to be bundled with Logitech mice, but is now totally PD, the source too!
>
> Richard.

Hi there......

I have 2 problems with this:

1. I dont know Richard's email address so I have to post here.

2. I've looked briefly on simtel20, and frankly the lack of speed precludes
   me from doing a detailed search for the program point2.0

so,
either can someone give me a path name on simtel20 for the point program,
or can someone tell me if the program exists in the wuarchive mirrors?

Sorry to waste your time & bandwidth from sunny Australia,

Brenton Vandepeer, University of Adelaide, South Australia.

email: bvandepe@physics.adelaide.edu.au

linwood@cbnewsk.att.com (linwood.d.johnson) (02/16/91)

In article <2436@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au>, bvandepe@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au.ua.oz (Commander Straker) writes:
> From article <1222@duteca.UUCP>, by kooijman@duteca (Richard Kooijman):
> >
> > There is a (mouse) editor called Point v2.0 on simtel20.
> > It used to be bundled with Logitech mice, but is now totally PD, the source too!
> 2. I've looked briefly on simtel20, and frankly the lack of speed precludes
>    me from doing a detailed search for the program point2.0
>
> so,
> either can someone give me a path name on simtel20 for the point program,
> or can someone tell me if the program exists in the wuarchive mirrors?

I can tell you exactly where it is.
It resides at wuarchive.wustl.edu as mirrors/msdos/editor/pt20pc.zip.
And the docs are in the same directory as pt20man.zip.

Good Luck!!!

--
| Linwood D. Johnson       |  linwood@ihlpf.att.com                 |
| AT&T Bell Labs, 1000 E. Warrenville Rd., Naperville, IL 60566     |