[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Missed program, need archive

is@athena.cs.uga.edu (Bob Stearns) (02/16/91)

Several weeks ago, a multiple partition manager passed through c.b.i.p.
Being young and foolish with respect to these things, I presumed one of the
big archive sites like wuarchive or simtel20 would have it if ever I needed.
I now need it, and can not find it at either of those sites. Several
possibilities: I forgot the name (very likely), the program is not there,
or I dreamed the whole thing. If you remember this program, a pointer to where
it might be archived for FTP (anonymous) access would be greatly appreciated.
Apparently not everything going through here makes the big program archive
sites.

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (02/17/91)

:
>Apparently not everything going through here makes the big program archive
>sites.

You are right, at least where garbo.uwasa.fi is concerned.  As a
result of specializing the categories we store are narrower than
what goes out in c.b.i.p.  Also recall, that the idea of c.b.i.p is
a maximum coverage of the readers.  FTP sites are not as easily
reachable, and you have to do much yourself.  On the balance c.b.i.p
cannot always be quite current because of long queues.  Thus these
services are not, nor meant to be substitutes for each other.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37