[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Lantasti - printing to postscript printer

neil@ms.uky.edu (Neil Greene) (02/21/91)

We are currently running a Lantastic network.  Connected to the network is a
HP LaserJet III [postscript] printer and an Epson printer.

I beleive the HP has a postscipt cartridge installed in it.  When printing
through Windows to the printer, everything is fine, prints are converted to
their postscript code and printed.

When using the 'net print' command or printing from dos through a tipical
application, print jobs are sent to the queue, but since it is sent NOT as
postscript data, is flushed.

How can you print using the network, to the HP printer w/o postscript??
--
Neil Greene ---	University of Kentucky Mathmatics and Sciences
		University of Kentucky Computing Center

		neil@s.ms.uky.edu & neil@graphlab.cc.uky.edu (NeXT Attachments)

neil@ms.uky.edu (Neil Greene) (02/22/91)

neil@ms.uky.edu (Neil Greene) writes:

>neil@ms.uky.edu (Neil Greene) writes:
>>How can you print using the network, to the HP printer w/o postscript??

Thanks to Michal Nolan for clearing up a point I was missing.

The network prints fine, all connections work great.  But, our printer has a
postscript cartridge installed in it, thus it is looking for postscrit
headers.  Files that are not sent in PS are thus flushed.

Does anyone know of a postscript filter that will run under the Lantastic
network, thus sending all files (ascii) to the printer in PS formats?