[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Grammar checker

afmintz@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allan Mintz) (04/08/90)

Does anyone out there know of either a PD or professionally procduced program
that will check for Grammar in a Word Processed document.  Thanks.

Allan Mintz

dlu@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Dan Lu,,,) (04/09/90)

From article <2842@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, by afmintz@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allan Mintz):
> Does anyone out there know of either a PD or professionally procduced program
> that will check for Grammar in a Word Processed document.  Thanks.
>
> Allan Mintz

You could try Grammatik (I'm not sure what version they are upto...)
Grammatik III is the latest I've seen tho'...  it checks for things like
passive voice, incomplete sentences, improper article usage, s-v agreement,
etc.  and it "directly supports 37 major word processors" (blurb from the
box)  including WordPerfect, Wordstar, & Word.  It also got an Editor's
Choice from PC magazine.

Oh, it's by:  Reference Software, Inc.
              330 Townsend Street, Suite 123
              San Francisco, CA  94107

Another one you could look for is called RightWriter.  I'd probably go
with the Grammatik tho.  I haven't really used Grammatik III (this is
a friend's), but I've used both RightWriter & Grammatik II before, and
thought Grammatik II was more useful.

Hope this helps some...

Dan

dlu@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu
dlupg@uiamvs.bitnet

heiby@falkor.UUCP (Ron Heiby) (04/12/90)

Dan Lu,,, (dlu@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu) writes:
> Grammatik III is the latest I've seen tho'...  it checks for things like
Just saw IV at Egghead Software this week.  Almost bought a copy.  My
wife says my writing's good enough and I shouldn't waste my money!
--
Ron Heiby, heiby@chg.mcd.mot.com	Moderator: comp.newprod
"Life is indeed an inexplicable sequence of imponderable surprises."

ce3wa3bh@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Eric Ho) (02/23/91)

Looking for a PD/shareware grammar checker for my PC.  Anyideas?
Thanks in advance.

--
Cheers,                                                9041477@mcmaster.bitnet
Eric Ho					       ce3wa3bh@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca