[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Where is VSUM?

mholtz@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Mark A. Holtz) (02/24/91)

In article <W8SDZ.12664127014.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>, aryehg@ozonebbs.UUCP (Aryeh Goretsky) writes:
>      For summary information about these viruses, please refer to
> the enclosed VIRLIST.TXT file.  For a detailed description of all
> known viruses, please refer to the Virus Summary Document (VSUM),
> copyrighted by Patricia Hoffman and available and most bulletin
> boards.

Ok, I've checked Simtel20's pd1:(msdos.trojan-pro) in my SIMIBM.ARC
file, and could not find the VSUM file. Did I look in the wrong
directory, or what?
--
    "War . . . . a game      /\   UUCP: ames att!pacbell!  \
  played by politicians."   |\/|     pyramid sun!pacbell! -=> sactoh0!mholtz
  - "The Curse of Fenric"    \/      INTERNET: mholtz@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US Hey!

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (02/24/91)

mholtz@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Mark A. Holtz) writes:
>Ok, I've checked Simtel20's pd1:(msdos.trojan-pro) in my SIMIBM.ARC
>file, and could not find the VSUM file. Did I look in the wrong
>directory, or what?

Patricia Hoffman, the author of VSUM, has requested SIMTEL20 *not* to
offer her file to the net.  Since she holds the copyright we cannot
override her decision.

If you have complaints about this, send them to Patricia Hoffman, not
to SIMTEL20.  We're just doing what she requested.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]

perry@beach.gal.utexas.edu (John Perry KG5RG) (02/25/91)

> Patricia Hoffman, the author of VSUM, has requested SIMTEL20 *not* to
> offer her file to the net.  Since she holds the copyright we cannot
> override her decision.
>
> If you have complaints about this, send them to Patricia Hoffman, not
> to SIMTEL20.  We're just doing what she requested.
>
> Keith

Do you have an Internet or BITNET address for Ms. Hoffman? I have tried to
communicate with her on several occasions to her FIDOnet address but she seems
not to read her mail sent to that address.
--

                              John Perry KG5RG
                              University of Texas Medical Branch

You can send mail to me at any of the following addresses:

DECnet   : BEACH::PERRY
THEnet   : BEACH::PERRY
Internet : perry@beach.gal.utexas.edu
Internet : john.perry@f365.n106.z1.fidonet.org