[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] dsz.exe

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (02/26/91)

In article <2344@sumax.seattleu.edu> aarceo@sumax.seattleu.edu (Aarceo Jones) writes:

>	Hello, I am new to the PC world. I have been using Procomm
>and would like to use the zmodem protocol. I have found a package that
>says it will allow zmodem to be attached to Procomm, but it calls for something
>like dsz.exe which I have been utterly unable to find. Could someone tell
>me where to get it? Email would be fine, as the news here is a little
:

You need /pc/pd2/dsz1216.zip for Procomm (<2.0) Zmodem usage.  You
would also be well advised to get /pc/ts/tspfon29.arc Procomm advice
(including Zmodem usage instructions), and /pc/pd2/zdoc0108.zip as
the documentation that comes with Zmodem leaves much of the relevant
information out.  (Zmodem is shareware and the distributed version
and its documentation have a slight crippleware orientation).

The wares are available by anonymous ftp from garbo.uwasa.fi, Vaasa,
Finland, 128.214.12.37, or by using our mail server (use the latter
if, and only if you don't have anonymous ftp).  If you are not
familiar with anonymous ftp or mail servers, I am prepared to send
prerecorded instructions on request.  (If you don't get the
instructions from me within a few days, it will mean that your email
address cannot be reached by a simple email reply, and you wouldn't
be able to utilize the mail server anyway.)

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37