[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] ScreenPeace wanted

bgeer@javelin.es.com (Bob Geer) (02/25/91)

Is Screen Peace shareware or freeware?  Where can I find it?

Better yet, since I can't receive company-external e-mail or (a)ftp,
(corporate securitybreachaphobia) would someone please post it?

Thanx in advance...

--
<> Bob `Bear' Geer <>               bgeer@javelin.sim.es.com              <>
<>      Alta-holic <>   speaking only for myself, one of my many tricks   <>

cccstevn@muttly (Steve Ansell) (02/26/91)

In article <1991Feb25.142314.7828@javelin.es.com> bgeer%javelin@dsd.es.com writes:
>Is Screen Peace shareware or freeware?  Where can I find it?
>
>Better yet, since I can't receive company-external e-mail or (a)ftp,
>(corporate securitybreachaphobia) would someone please post it?

Actually ScreenPeace has gone commercial and is now called "Intermission". The
author sent a note to cica.cica.indiana.edu to remove the file from its archive
so it would be safe to assume that this has occured at other sites as well.  As
far as the shareware status of existing programs, I do not know.  Anybody?

						-Steven T. Ansell
						Unix Consultant
						Computing Services U.C.D.

) (02/27/91)

In article <10875@aggie.ucdavis.edu>, cccstevn@muttly (Steve Ansell) writes:
> In article <1991Feb25.142314.7828@javelin.es.com> bgeer%javelin@dsd.es.com writes:
>>Is Screen Peace shareware or freeware?  Where can I find it?
>>
>>Better yet, since I can't receive company-external e-mail or (a)ftp,
>>(corporate securitybreachaphobia) would someone please post it?
>>

> Actually ScreenPeace has gone commercial and is now called "Intermission". The
> author sent a note to cica.cica.indiana.edu to remove the file from its archive
> so it would be safe to assume that this has occured at other sites as well.  As
> far as the shareware status of existing programs, I do not know.  Anybody?
>
> 						-Steven T. Ansell
> 						Unix Consultant
> 						Computing Services U.C.D.
In order to post the program, I had to recently FTP ScreenPeace from cica.
| Santanu Sircar                               BITNET:   ssircar@umaecs.bitnet |
| University of Massachusetts/Amherst          INTERNET: ssircar@ecs.umass.edu |